Udacity Online Programming course

peelie

anyone trying it?

it is pretty good so far!

agh! mods can you correct spelling in post title!

ta

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw the website, looks good, only a couple courses going at moment it looks like but the list of upcoming ones is appealing to me.

have you done any of them then already, which courses have i missed?

I just saw the website, looks good, only a couple courses going at moment it looks like but the list of upcoming ones is appealing to me.

have you done any of them then already, which courses have i missed?
just finished unit 1 of cs101 building search engine, took about3 hrs multi-tasking; got concept of final quiz but couldn't manage to realise full code!

I've registered so will take a look at that later. i think i can still do that search engine one. cheers for link it certainly looks like something worth doing with some free time

Hm. This looks quite nice, and I'm saying that as being a university CS teacher. I might give it a go, just to, you know...brush up.

There's a similar thing called Coursera, too. VERY similar, actually. It started this past Monday, it's run by (mostly) Stanford professors, and you receive grades!

Ok, so how many are really there, and under what name are you using the forums? I'm JohanG.

Two are active, four are coming in April, and all can currently be registered for.

Ah, no, I meant: How many of you lot are there working at the courses? How's it going?

I'm doing the CS101 course, mainly out of professional interest (I work with, amongst other things, distance education on a university level), and will do the Norvig course (because Peter Norvig is a Hero) and possibly the programming language one, too.

I would be in the two Udacity courses (and a few at Coursera), but my workload in school is too much to allow time for this right now. I managed to get the first two weeks for each down, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back