Uh Oh, My Gp2x Is Not Redaing Sd Card Or Internal

SCTW

Still Fresh
I have had my gp2x for several months with no problems. Yesterday I turned on my gp2x and noticed it was not reading any data from my SD card (pics, games, emu's, video's etc). Then I noticed it is not reading any of the internal games. When I go to the game launcher and try to run the demos, the list of files does not show up.

Has this happened to anyone? Any advice?

IS there any way to give this a hard reset?

Thanks in advance,

SCTW

no way to do a hard reset, all you could do is to rewrite the FW... but without a card reader you'll need either the cradle or some pretty hardcore tinkering (depending on how geeky you get with HW)

I would suggest emailing the company that sold it to you after verifying another SD card, changing batteries and whatnot.

xcen said:
no way to do a hard reset, all you could do is to rewrite the FW... but without a card reader you'll need either the cradle or some pretty hardcore tinkering (depending on how geeky you get with HW)

I would suggest emailing the company that sold it to you after verifying another SD card, changing batteries and whatnot.
I have 3 SD cards for my GP2X and a card reader. I can read/write data to all 3 cards with my card reader. I can not read the contents of the cards with my GP2X . My GP2X is not able to see the contents on the internal drive (I don't see any files with file explorer, and can't run the built in games because I can't see the files).

My GP2X does turns on and I can navigate the menus.

How am I supposed to rewrite the FW if my GP2X can't read SD cards? :(

Surely there must be a way I can fix this without having to contact gamepark.

HELP!

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year to everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno man sounds like something is really b0rk3d... I wish I knew what to tell you...

check the wiki for tutorials on unbricking, even though yours is not bricked

I just hope for you it's not a hardware issue
...but that really what it sounds like

happy new year just the same =s

NickLoTurco said:
Maybe the reason mine couldn't read my SD card is because I updated the FW to 4.0.0???
FW 4.0.0 is for F200 only

EvilDragon said:
Well, this does sound like a borked firmware. Happens sometimes.
Carefully reflash FW 2.0.0 (if you're on an F100) and after that, you can go to 2.1.2.

DON'T put the gp2xboot.img onto the card!

Follow the guide I posted here:

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=34838

Thanks for the response EvilDragon! My GP2X game with FW 3.0.0

Should I still flash to 2.0.0.0 and upgrade all the way up to 3.0.0 or should I flash the FW with FW 3.0.0

Thanks in advance,

SCTW

You can also flash to 3.0.0, however, most of the time this error comes from bad blocks - and FW3.0.0 needs more blocks than FW2.0.0, so it might not work (and FW 2.1.1 is better than 3.0.0 btw)

Back