Uhu White Tack In Denmark ?

motten37

Still Fresh
Just installed my replacement glass screen from mashmods on my gp32 flu.
Colors seem a bit cleaner (blueish hue is gone) but the "#¤%¤ doublesided tape got messed up a bit when I removed the grey plastic cover so it won't stick properly now.

I've seen UHI White Tack recomended as a replacement for the tape - does anyone know what name this stuff goes by in Denmark and where I might find it ?

Cheers

/morten

Thought about super glue but I'd like to be able to remove the cover again later for cleaning, repairs or whatever - just in case...

/morten

Try the shit that plumbers stick around pipes and stuff. Not sure what it's called, just go to a hardware shop and have a look around for anything that might fit.

:blink: If we're talking about the same Plumber's Putty, steer clear of it. Should be a little like Miliput I think.....
Simple double sided tape should do the trick; I have actually never taken apart my beloved GP32, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

Little additional service: White Glue in different languages, maybe there's one you recognise ;)
Bastelleim
Colla Vinilica
Cola blanca
Cole P.V.A.

It's the stuff you probably used in Kindergarten or in school to glue something. White, slightly thick and dries to a consistency of vulcanised egg white (don't ask).

Det hedder bare dobbelt-klæbende tape og koster ikke alverden :D
Det er i hvertfald hvad jeg har købt (jeg havde en eller anden idé om at jeg ville tætte min GP32 skærm for at der ikke kom støv i den... men jeg den er endnu uåbnet)

Topcat posted on May 13 2004 at 05:24 AM said:
ja at vi er et par danskere herinde ;)
..og måske nogle af dem vil synes det er fedt at www.gp32.dk er online igen !!!!!
hmm... Får godt nok stadig en page not found...

edit:nevermind

Last edited by a moderator:
The reason I want to use the white tack stuff instead of regular double sided tape is to prevent dust from reentering after putting it back together.....

oh well

/morten

If you do not plan on removing that screen ever again, try a two part epoxy putty, like Kneadadite or Miliput, or even the mentioned plumber's putty. You might also see it under the name of green stuff (sticky and a little like bubble gum), white stuff (hardens to a porcelain-like consistency, I would not use it for this one) or brown stuff (can take sharp edges and hardens really well).
If you don`t care for the looks, why don't you just attach the screen normally and use a little tape around the grey plastic thingy? If you use high quality tape and don't tug on it, it should work.

Back