Uk Shipping Changed To Ups

craigix

Mega GP Mania
Website
twitter.com
Due to the Royal Mails arsing about recently we have changed to UPS shipping in the UK for the Pandora, at least for December.

You don't have to do anything.

Thanks hehe. Just seeing craigix using the words December and shipping in the same sentence, shapes that silly smile right in my face, you get when you're drunk.

RajTakhar said:
Great Move - but it's gonna cost you a fortune
Don't be so sure, It costs at least £6 to send almost anything via special delivery these days and courier companies can match these kind of rates after some haggling. I pay a flat rate of £5.40 +vat on anything upto 10kg via ANC/Fed EX.

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Due to the Royal Mails arsing about recently we have changed to UPS shipping in the UK for the Pandora, at least for December.

That's for all Pandoras shipped from the UK to anywhere or for shipments only to the UK?

CoMiKe said:
craigix said:

That's for all Pandoras shipped from the UK to anywhere or for shipments only to the UK?
also curious about this one. already asked :)

CoMiKe said:
craigix said:

borgqueenx said:
and i just paid 15 euro extra for UPS shipping yesterday. :(

edit: does this only apply for order coming from UK, to the UK?
or...?

UK deliveries, hence the thread title.

Good call. Excellent news.

Anybody else note the hint?

UPS shipping in the UK for the Pandora, at least for December.

Let's hope this one plays out true

craigix said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can I have mine sent by royal mail please I have never received anything intact by UPS and If I am not in to receive it (I work) I have a 20 mile trip to collect it from their depot... if they haven't already left it in a bin/behind a bush on a wet day and signed for it them selves.

I had asked Jacquelyn about this at the beginning of the year who assured me I would get it by Royal Mail.

Great news, especially the hint about December shipping.

Not had much experience with UPS but regularly receive deliveries from City Link who have proved to be excellent.

If we're going to get a courier delivery then I assume we'll have to sign for deliveries, will we be emailed a tracking reference so we can track the order and arrange for someone to be in to receive it?

craigix said:
Due to the Royal Mails arsing about recently we have changed to UPS shipping in the UK for the Pandora

It's for shipping IN the UK. Not outside it. Not to France, or Spain, or Germany (where ED probably has his own arrangements and isn't being threatened by the UK post orifice dicking about).

Pleng said:

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll get ours in December - the phrase leaves open the idea of returning to Royal Mail (Royal Pain In The Arse more like) after December, for an indefinate period.

I must admit that despite the scare stories about UPS in general, the delivery guy who does my round is excellent - he'll detour round to do a second pass for us later in the day if he can, and he'll stop at the side of the road if he spots me out and about and he's got something for me. Great chap, couldn't ask for better.

I've never had any prolems with UPS and have used them several times. I've used Royal Mail and Parcel Force many more times and have had parcels left on the doorstep/left in the rain/left in the back garden etc. without even ringing the doorbell to let me know that something had arrived. Or worse posting a note to say that I wasn't in, when I definitely have been in, but they failed to make contact. And I then had to go and collect the item from their depot. I've seen Royal Mail do this to others too.

I for one, am happy with this decision.

I frequently have problems with the Royal Mail's service (none with ParcelForce's, though, I will say), so I think this is a good move. Many thanks for this. :D

iprice said:
I've never had any prolems with UPS and have used them several times. I've used Royal Mail and Parcel Force many more times and have had parcels left on the doorstep/left in the rain/left in the back garden etc. without even ringing the doorbell to let me know that something had arrived. Or worse posting a note to say that I wasn't in, when I definitely have been in, but they failed to make contact. And I then had to go and collect the item from their depot. I've seen Royal Mail do this to others too.

Are you sure, that you talk about Royal Mail in UK? It seems as you talk about Czech Post in Czech Republic. :)
--
Anyway, i suppose that UPS instead of Royal Mail is only UK related.

peca said:
iprice said:

Are you sure, that you talk about Royal Mail in UK? It seems as you talk about Czech Post in Czech Republic. :)
--
Anyway, i suppose that UPS instead of Royal Mail is only UK related.
No. You are right. I made it all up. Royal Mail offer the most wonderful service you could possibly imagine. They don't ever strike. Packages arrive on time and without being left outside, crumpled, torn or (apparently) jumped up and down on. Just not when they deliver to me :/

Monk said:
craigix said:
Due to the Royal Mails arsing about recently we have changed to UPS shipping in the UK for the Pandora

It's for shipping IN the UK. Not outside it. Not to France, or Spain, or Germany (where ED probably has his own arrangements and isn't being threatened by the UK post orifice dicking about).

Pleng said:

It doesn't necessarily mean we'll get ours in December - the phrase leaves open the idea of returning to Royal Mail (Royal Pain In The Arse more like) after December, for an indefinate period.

I must admit that despite the scare stories about UPS in general, the delivery guy who does my round is excellent - he'll detour round to do a second pass for us later in the day if he can, and he'll stop at the side of the road if he spots me out and about and he's got something for me. Great chap, couldn't ask for better.

The only problem I've had with UPS is them leaving the packages out (sometimes without protective covering to protect against rain) without even ringing the doorbell. However, when I'm expecting a Package, I check often enough, and when I'm out of town, I have a neighbor nice enough to check for me, that I don't have to worry about that.

-God Ginrai

iprice said:
...Or worse posting a note to say that I wasn't in, when I definitely have been in, but they failed to make contact. And I then had to go and collect the item from their depot. I've seen Royal Mail do this to others too.

It used to be that if you complained that they did this - playing postman's knock, in effect - that they'd tell you their posties would do no such thing - "what would they have to gain from it?" (leaving you feeling that you had to come up with some motivation to back your claim up).

Well, it turns out that their posties have increasingly short time to complete their rounds. I don't want to get into too much speculation on how hard they used to work vs how hard they work now, but they can be finacially penalised for being late - so it CAN be in their interest to knock and move on rather than knock and wait for you to get there all the way from upstairs. Heaven forfend you should have a bowel movement, or nip out to the garden!

Back