Ultimate showdown!

Viking

Windows VS Mac VS Linux VS Pandora!

Okey guys! Here's the thing. I have 2 friends in my class that have each of these OS's. And we constantly discuss which is better and why (for the fun of it!).

So I'm the one with Linux (Ubuntu) in my class and Pandora(well, don't have one.. waiting for batch 2), and the other 2 with Mac and Windows. Post your comments here which of them are better, worse or even useless!

This is just for fun, but serious comments would be great to so we get some personal views. (Like: don't say Mac sucks if you never have seen one or used one)

Okey! GO

Last edited by a moderator:
2007-04-02.png

^ I think that just about covers how these things usually turn out.

So you want to compare 2 OSes with a Kernel and a device...? :blink:
Actually one OS, two devices and one kernel. Mac is a device. The OS is OSX.

"Negative thing about Linux!"

"But negative thing also applies to Windows!"

"Positive thing about Mac!"

"Linux does positive thing but slightly differently!"

"Windows also does positive thing!"

"But Linux has other positive thing!"

"Windows does not do that, but it does do third positive thing"

"And Mac is good for fourth positive thing"

"I guess each has its good points and bad.

"I've certainly learned a lot"

"I think it's time for a group hug"

2007-04-02.png

Actually one OS, two devices and one kernel. Mac is a device. The OS is OSX.
Well, one OS, one Kernel, one device and one device family. ;)

It sounds to me like he's referring to Mac OS X, though, judging from this sentence:

I have 2 friends in my class that have each of these OS's.
(And before we nitpick about referring to GNU/Linux by saying Linux: I think he knows neither the difference nor did he ever see a pure GNU/Linux system without additional stuff before :p )

palmface.jpg

But seriously, and on-topicly... Just use whatever suits your needs best, forget about wasting time on "arguing" these things, and use that time on something more productive (perhaps done using whatever suits your needs best? :p ). It really, really is that simple. :p

I for one refuse to participate in this GNU/Linux faggotry; we don't call it GNU/KDE/XTERM/.../Linux to include every program packaged with it, do we? Linux is the kernel, the GNU toolset is just that, a set of tools, and is not an operating system. *three snaps in a Z formation*

Besides, GNU already has credit for a complete, feature-rich, extensible operating system which does everything you'd ever want. Needs a better text editor though.

When you install a Linux distro to your device, it puts a little happy penguin inside to take good care of it.

And this is why Linux beats other OSs, hands down.

Needs a better text editor though.
Blasphemy! Desperate words from the followers of the Cult of Vi. For those misguided fools who need to utilize the editor of the beast, there is viper-mode and Vimpulse.

But don't despair poor souls, for not all is lost. I quote St IGNU−cius: "Using a free version of vi is not a sin but a penance."

I use Linux and Windows for the most part, but I can navigate an OS X terminal ok (I haven't had any other chance to use it).

3868_8d68_960.jpeg

Blasphemy! Desperate words from the followers of the Cult of Vi. For those misguided fools who need to utilize the editor of the beast, there is viper-mode and Vimpulse.

But don't despair poor souls, for not all is lost. I quote St IGNU−cius: "Using a free version of vi is not a sin but a penance."

I follow not the Cult of Vi, for it is confusing and unholy.

I follow not the Church of Emacs, for its god has grown fat and pompous. Oh, and its text editor too.

I am a freethinker and use Nano.

Back