Ultimate Storage For The Pandora ?

If you are going to slap some meat on the bottom of the pandie, it might as well be a 2.5" drive, as they come in appreciable sizes of 500gb, and yet they are still small enough to not add to the x/y dimensions.

Mr.Confuzed said:
Gecko.jsc said:
No, I meant transfer between the Pandora and a PC (sorry for not making that clear). There's probably some sort of file-sharing client that eliminated the need for a USB stick or cable, but I just wondered what information people have to give me...
Ah, that makes more sense now. If you happen to have a wireless router, I would use that to share files over the network. It's easy in windows, and I'm sure it's just as easy on Linux (wikipedia:Samba). No client required. A card reader would work too, but then you might have to turn off the Pandora.

P.S. Way to hijack the thread!
Ah yes, click on 'Network' from the start menu. I thought it would be easy, but I didn't think it would be that easy. I've just never had a need to use it before. Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Poem58 said:
Yeah, I know about microdrives (last i knew they topped out at 12GB, but haven't looked in awhile) I have no use for a microdrive (had one once, it was slow and killed my battery life so I sold it while it had value, think I paid about $150 for a 320GB version now I have a 1GB CF card which costs what, maybe $20?)) and using compact flash would not be easier on the Pandora seeing as how it doesn't have a compact flash slot so it would require rather bulky excess, while if the .85" drive would have been produced it was supposedly supposed to essentially be an SD Microdrive, which we could have used, and if the one inch drive you mentioned has gotten to 40G, it's not entirely inconceivable that the .85" drive could have made it to 20 or 30 gigs by now had it been produced. Still though compared to SD cards it would be more expensive per gig and have a faster failure rate.
Yeah, I actually only want an external CF case so I can get some kind of use out of the 8G Microdrive I pulled out of an MP3 player. I used it as a system drive for a while (mainly because I could) but it's not that great for that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back