UnECM on the Pandora?

Aethix

I just wanted to know if there is any way to get UnECM or a similar tool on the Pandora? Is it available from the Angstrom repository or anything? If so, how do I download it? Thanks.

okay, so just to be clear, I download the file to my SD card, and

Code:
ar -x <debian filename>

tar xvf <tarball filename>

and then I can just

Code:
unecm <ecm filename>

I want to be sure, since my last attempt at working with the command line led to me taking the battery out of my Pandora. I'll try it when I download HF6 and clear up some space on the NAND, but in the meantime I'm going to post a port request on the wiki for a more user-friendly version, since I can't seem to find it in the Angstrom repo.

I was going to try compiling it for the Pandora and PNDing it. Never got around to it.

okay, so just to be clear, I download the file to my SD card, and

Code:
ar -x <debian filename>

tar xvf <tarball filename>

Yep. This doesn't put the files on your NAND though - it'll make a usr/bin directory on the SD card. After that, run it using

Code:
./usr/bin/unecm <ecm filename>

It'll be safe to do - honest. It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to build the iso though (I've only tried it once on a laptop and I seem to remember it taking ages on that).

I can't seem to find it in the Angstrom repo.
No - me neither.

Alright! A nicely packaged PND. Thank you, Notaz.

But when I tried to download it, my computer said it was an "application/octet-stream" file. What does that mean?

Ah, so all I have to do is, while the current directory contains both unecm and the *.ecm file I want to unecm, is

Code:
unecm <filename>

is that right?

Edit: okay, it's

Code:
./unecm <filename>

Thank you, notaz! You are a god among programmers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back