Ungp 0.4 Summer Preview

Zip

Website
www.openconsole.it
Uguru released first caanoo version of uNGP
uNGP1.png

there is v0.4 change log:

Code:
- Solved some bugs in blitter and frameskip code.
- A little increase speed.
- Changed Autofire code.
- Changed the code about syncing and fps counter in emu.
- Changes code when a game is not really a NGP game.
- First public Caanoo bin.

uNGP 0.4 Caanoo download
uNGP 0.4 Dingux download

Autor site(Uguru): http://www.developia.info/

my note: please considered at a donation for this guy, to port his other dingoo stuff to caanoo

sorry for my english =P

bye Zip

It works great.

But I can't seem to shake the feeling that even with overclocking to 700mhz and frameskip 1, there is a bit of input lag.
I seem to struggle to do special moves of the stick.
(And this comes from a person that plays Street Fighter 2 on their Caanoo! XD)

In fact, I held the button down on sonic and he only jumped after a whole second or two.

Looking forward to any improvements. I love my NeoGeo Pocket Color, but the battery and its overall value put me off from getting it out of the tin in my room.
At least this way I can play King of Fighters R-2 and Samurai Showdown 2 on the go! :D

RetroVortex said:
It works great.

But I can't seem to shake the feeling that even with overclocking to 700mhz and frameskip 1, there is a bit of input lag.
I seem to struggle to do special moves of the stick.
(And this comes from a person that plays Street Fighter 2 on their Caanoo! XD)

In fact, I held the button down on sonic and he only jumped after a whole second or two.

Looking forward to any improvements. I love my NeoGeo Pocket Color, but the battery and its overall value put me off from getting it out of the tin in my room.
At least this way I can play King of Fighters R-2 and Samurai Showdown 2 on the go! :D
You can adjust it in the misc settings you can make the delay longer or shorter

Last edited by a moderator:
Bah! a NGP emulator finally comes out and I have to study for my exams.

qbertaddict said:
You can adjust it in the misc settings you can make the delay longer or shorter

Sadly that doesn't seem to help much with latency, or the buttons not registering at all in some games (Sonic and the SNK VS Capcom games will do this, but Metal Slug will be perfectly fine). Sometimes it'll not register four out of five times in a row. Might be a timing issue though. What's funny is the joystick is perfectly responsive at all times, just the action buttons have issues.

Looks pretty good for the first try though.

That interface is pretty slick, I like it.

Sonic now works perfect, but his:

Wild Rat said:
in options|control setup "A" and "Y" buttons are swaped

still not fixed.

in "Input options" - "Button Y" is actualy A, and "Button A" is Y

Here is a video of it. I did a quick overview then gameplay. I had to film it with a camera because my capture card is giving me a hard time. There is dead space then a blooper reel at the end so you can quit the video before that if you do not like foul language.

You can also view it and other videos of the emulators available on the CAANOO on my main channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/qbertaddict1?feature=mhum

Back