Unreal Tournament: Goty

michie4life

Still Fresh
It has almost the same hardware requirements as Quake III arena.
and it was released ten days before Quake III arena.

hardware requirements:
http://www.lokigames.com/products/ut/

Michie4life said:
It has almost the same hardware requirements as Quake III arena.
and it was released ten days before Quake III arena.

hardware requirements:
http://www.lokigames.com/products/ut/

Even though it runs on Linux, the executable is compiled for x86 processors, which is not the sort that the Pandora has. Too bad, so sad, don't throw your desktop away just yet.

Or better yet, start sending letters to Epic explaining that there's a growing market for "Unreal Tournament Portable."

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, someone posted a 2-D version on Newgrou...nevermind.

May or may not be useful, but I just read that the Alien Swarm source will be released next Monday. Never played it, but wasn't Alien swarm an Unreal tournament mod?

Original post
On Monday, July 19th Alien Swarm is going to be released for free via Steam.

In addition to the game, Valve will also release the complete code base for Alien Swarm. This includes updates to the Source engine SDK and full Steamworks integration. If you’ve ever thought about developing a mod on the Source engine with Steamworks, this release provides more insight and examples for using Steamworks in game production.

Perhaps it's not the engine itself, don't know, nor am I inclined to dig deeper. But maybe this news is useful to someone...

Zotty said:
May or may not be useful, but I just read that the Alien Swarm source will be released next Monday. Never played it, but wasn't Alien swarm an Unreal tournament mod?

Original post
On Monday, July 19th Alien Swarm is going to be released for free via Steam.

In addition to the game, Valve will also release the complete code base for Alien Swarm. This includes updates to the Source engine SDK and full Steamworks integration. If you’ve ever thought about developing a mod on the Source engine with Steamworks, this release provides more insight and examples for using Steamworks in game production.

Perhaps it's not the engine itself, don't know, nor am I inclined to dig deeper. But maybe this news is useful to someone...
It was, but not any more.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/41929-unreal-tournament/
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54244-what-about-first-unreal/

Unfathomable Depths said:
I'm really good at UT2004. Really good.
I was really good, played since the first days from the Beta Demo. :D Quite long time ago. Never was into Deathmatch but had some talent in onslaught and assault. Old Torlan Veteran I am. ^^

Damn, I wish, at least UT99 would be possible onto the Pandora, Unreal Series still has the best Bots of all Multi Player games so even offline you could have alot of Fun with this game. :)

trix said:
Isn't Nexuiz very similar and open source?
It's still not Unreal Tournament, in fact it's more like quake than anything else...

Quote from there Info Page
Nexuiz is based on the Darkplaces engine, built on OpenGL technology. The darkplaces engine is an advanced Quake1 based engine developed mainly by Forest "LordHavoc" Hale, who has been working with the Quake1 engine for many years. A few of Darkplaces main features are Quake3bsp support, realtime lighting and shadowing, new particle effects, advanced menu system, and Md3 model support.

I have some real interest in getting the Darkplaces engine ported to Pandora, there are a few games made with it at it's core. I'm mostly interesting in a game called Transfusion which is a Blood multi-player remake.

but back to topic... it's definitely not UT those who loved the game wouldn't take any substitutes.

Well, it's not the UT that you love... but it is something you could grow to love.
Give her up, man. It's time to move on and find a new love.

We're here for you.

fearofshorts said:
Well, it's not the UT that you love... but it is something you could grow to love.
Give her up, man. It's time to move on and find a new love.

We're here for you.

No doubt, but you can't just pass one game off as if it's equal substitute to another. I just know for now I can't play UT on a Pandora.

Back