Update On The Gp2xwiz.co.kr Site

According to the Google Toolbar translation service

[V 1.01 Firmware Download]

(※ How to install, the update will have to observe the order.)

1. KT's hard to open the links below, please access ID, PW → Login to the top of the bottom of the [gp2x-wiz_1.0.1_090528.zip] download files.

URL : www.kthard.co.kr URL: www.kthard.co.kr
ID : gameparkh / P assWord : 1234 ID: gameparkh / P assWord: 1234

2. After releasing the compression gp2xupdate.gpu, gp2xpatch-wiz-1.0.1.tar.gz, uImage, polluxb 4 files are copied to the root of the SD card.

3. Copy the patch file after the Power On SD card is inserted into the terminal.

4. Update of the pop-up window to select the boot 'B' key to proceed with the patch.

5. Power off the terminal 'R' key, and then to the Power On.

6.Update the screen comes up, click the 'R' key to disable.

※ Some of the firmware patch is screen output may be garbled. Patch is complete, the normal output.

※ If the firmware upgrade products in the middle of damage to the battery can discharge the battery fully charged, so you go after.

Not sure if any of that makes any sense, but it's better than nothing! :p

1. KT's hard to open the links below, please access ID, PW → Login to the top of the bottom of the [gp2x-wiz_1.0.1_090528.zip] download files.

URL : www.kthard.co.kr URL: www.kthard.co.kr
ID : gameparkh / P assWord : 1234 ID: gameparkh / P assWord: 1234

2. After releasing the compression gp2xupdate.gpu, gp2xpatch-wiz-1.0.1.tar.gz, uImage, polluxb 4 files are copied to the root of the SD card.

3. Copy the patch file after the Power On SD card is inserted into the terminal.

4. Update of the pop-up window to select the boot 'B' key to proceed with the patch.

5. Power off the terminal 'R' key, and then to the Power On.

6.Update the screen comes up, click the 'R' key to disable.
※ Some of the firmware patch is screen output may be garbled. Patch is complete, the normal output.

※ If the firmware upgrade products in the middle of damage to the battery can discharge the battery fully charged, so you go after.

Not sure if any of that makes any sense, but it's better than nothing! :p

The news are in the image. This is the installation of the Firmware. Thanks anyway.

GoodBye.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea other than it's new and is now on the file archive. I really don't wanna brick my wiz :/

Actually I wanted to post it for news but the thread is already established ( :rolleyes: ) so I write the translation here:

1) Improved screen display - It will reduce the screen-tearing problem
2) Fixed NAND memory errors - Additional fix will be followed soon\
3) Improved Video playback performance

And also, they decide the 'Her Knight for WIZ' to be free (but cannot sure the exact release date yet).

------------

Screen tearing problem is SIGNIFICANTLY gone, but I cannot sure it is totally removed yet.
And also video playback is MUCH MUCH better, you might do not need to re-encode most of your files
(but you can do better, are you, Wiz ;))

I don't know about the NAND errors since I haven't experienced it till now.
Nice and good upgrade, it should be the initial firmware though.

EDIT: typo

[unnecessary quoting removed]

How do you do the upgrade of firmware again? Are you serious? Read up. - Squidge.

Regards

André

NAND errors is because GPH run VFAT file system on nand, rather than a file system meant for nand :eek: The other problem with is (to be fixed later I assume from the text) is that if you get a bad nand block, it'll corrupt the file system (for the same reason as above).

They have also updated libSDL, but done so without changing version number, so I assume these are just bug fixes rather than enhancements.

emFlashPlayer has also been updated, along with the kernel, tcpmp, and gp2xmenu.

New files: linedraw.gpe, version, a couple of png's.

fettouhi posted on May 28 2009 at 05:53 PM said:
How do you do the upgrade of firmware again?
I don't understand what 'again' means, but you can upgrade by following instructions:

1. uncompress all files to root of your SD
2. insert your SD and turn on your Wiz (if you copy them through Wiz, then just turn off and on it again)
3. push B button when the upgrade popup appears
4. turn off you Wiz AGAIN and turn on it with holding the R shoulder button
5. when you can see the 'Update' screen, you can release R button
6. push B button when the upgrade popup dialogue. (your screen might be scrabbled for a while)

Little a bit wierd instruction, I suspect that step.3 can be skipped, but not sure, it is the GPH's instruction. (except step 6. the message box just appears again <_< )

It seems the screen tearing is just solved for only menu screen. Sonic with PicoDrive still show diagnal one.
And the menu response is little a bit slower than before, shame.

It seems the screen tearing is just solved for only menu screen. Sonic with PicoDrive still show diagnal one.
And the menu response is little a bit slower than before, shame

Confirmed. The menu now seem to use the SDL rotation code to reduce the tearing. As we know this rotation lead to a performance loss.
It seems that the videoplayer use the rotation code already on firmware 1.0.0. I never noticed any tearing in videos. Even the file browser of the videoplayer never showed this issue.

Anybody else getting this tearing in the splash screen right before the menu appears? Video playback is indeed much better (tried the latest simpsons episode from the 20th season).

Regards

André

Have they put the slow ass SDL rotation back in again? Can someone try a game and see if the tearing occurs in it (the game must use SDL such as a fenix game like boomshine or animatch).

vEGA-rJ posted on May 28 2009 at 02:49 PM said:
So, it's better to not upgrade and wait for an improved firmware release?
Im not expert but waiting seems to be the best bet. I dont need to lose performance speed through menus, just to make the menu clean. Heck, i really dont mind the screen issue as is. and as far as video is concerned, Ill just convert mine for now thank you lol. besides, why waste SD card space needlessly in the first place if you can watch the same quality with a conversion? To be honest, the video playback (and audio for that matter) is pointless to me. i got this baby for the games!! =)

Great, now any software released so far that doesn't use the on-NAND SDL will be broken. And I have no idea whether to release a binary for 240x320 or 320x240.. the former will of course take more time to get working. What a headache. Maybe I should release two binaries.

Squidge,

Did you just unpack and diff the firmware to find new files, are are you privvy to some super secret mailing list or distribution channel for this stuff? I'm always last to know, I want in! :)

jeff

Just updated

can any one else confirm this

i think volume control on pbroom has stopped working. Seems quite and wont turn up or down since upgrade of firmware

I updated and although the menu seems to be rotated, or work around the tearing some how, the onboard games seem to still feature screen tearing. Well, the fenix ones at least.

Back