Updated! Gpsquares, New Version!

Akuma no Houkon

Certified Guru
Website
akuma.gp32news.com
OK! When I updated PerfectFit, some of you wanted to know if I would give the same treatment to my first project, GPSquares, well working with the same great artist, we gave this great game a much needed face lift and new features, without further ado, here it is!!

Here is a small screenshot of me playing it in GeePee32 with a "Normal" board size!
GPS_ScreenShot.PNG

Not only are there new graphics, tons of new features are included like a title screen, tweeked AI, GeePee32 compatibility and selectable BOARD SIZES!

Here is a www.gp32news.com provided mirror:
http://www.gp32news.com/gp32news/amat_game.../GPSquares2.zip

Tell me what you think! Your feedback is valued!

love what you did to the concept, smaller boards own :)

I had a little idea: isn't there a "customize control scheme" option? if you ever played chuchurocket on gba, you'll know what I mean:

a stick to the right of the cursor = R
a stick to the left of the cursos = L
a stick above the cursor = A
a stick below the cursor = B

I'm asking this because your game makes my fingers hurt. badly :p, when ur winning and you have to put about 20 stick in a row...

but! however! it owns. big time. :)

I am thinking about going one step further and have it to where you can press SELECT and if there are any "open" squares that you can close (those times where you have to close 20+ because you are winning) then the game will automatically close them for you....I dunno though...

Glad you enjoy it though. Its a fun classic. I used to play it on paper during my school years all day long lol.

this game is amazing.........how about adding a 2-player mode on the same gp though? that'd be good.
i also *cough* made an icon for wind-ups for all those too lazy to make their own
gpsquare.gif

I think the 2-player mode would be perfect for those long trips, and my only other suggestion is a darker playfield so that the bright red and blue bars show up more clearly against the background. The blue corner balls are particularly bright, IMO.

In all other respects tho it's a great game, well done.

Hi,

sorry for abanoning the graphics supply, real life got in the way.

Just some wishes:

1. How about changing the color of the dots at the ends og the lines
to the color that has taken most of the connections to it?

2. Could you make the lines more colorful by removing the
white middle line? Else they are a little hard to distinguish.

3. Just make everything a little brighter, even on my FLU
it is quite fiddicult to see.

4. For a quick game, how about a "VERY SMALL" option?

Great game
Sebastian

Hi, great game just a few improvementsi could suggest:
1. Slow down the computers moves, often the computer gets half the board and i dnt kno how it did it
2. do something to make the lines easier to see
3. Play mp3s in the background ??!! or sum funky music

Hope 2 see a new version soon ;)
Midget

You have to FINISH the square. You have to place the last line. Who ever places the last line to finish a square, gets that square, it doesnt matter if you have 3 blue lines to the CPU's 1 red line, if that redline was the line that made it a square, they win it.

I cant really make things brighter, they start to look faded. It looks perfect on my FLU so I dont see what the problem is.

Removing the middle line will make them harder to see and they will look stupid. The middle line is a part of their "shading".

Ah, i love this game. Played its a couple of weeks ago on some java-games-site, and i wished for a version on the GP32. This is just too good :) Like everyone else i would love a 2-player-on-the-same-GP32-mode and some nice bg-music. Thumbs up, great work! :D

Back