Upgrading Firmware To 2.10 - Do You Need To Delete The Old Skin Files?

hitbyambulance

Website
troubletype.org
just wondering how to delete the old 2.0 skin files from the NAND.

also can't figure out how to install the 2.1 skins - Explorer doesn't show a "Skins" directory on the NAND.

subcon959 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 02:55 PM said:
You have to make the folder yourself. The easiest way is to make it on the SD card and just copy it to the NAND.

ok, that's easy. but where do you delete the old skin files?

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to delete them. Once you've made the skin folder put the new skin .gps file in there and you'll be able to select it from the system menu.

subcon959 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:05 PM said:
You don't need to delete them. Once you've made the skin folder put the new skin .gps file in there and you'll be able to select it from the system menu.

i know i don't 'need' to delete them, but i want to, as they're taking up space on the NAND. i was just wondering if it was possible.

(also, successfully installed a new skin. i hooked the unit up via USB to my PC and made a 'skin' directory... couldn't figure out how to copy a directory to the NAND root using the GP2X Explorer.)

If the files are visible to you on the NAND then you can just delete them like an other files/folders with Explorer. I've got no idea where they would be otherwise.

For future reference, when you go into Explorer you can switch between Delete/Copy/Move with the Y button. Then I think it's Select to mark the file/folder and A to perform the action. So to copy to the NAND just mark the file/folder and then browse back to the NAND and press A.

subcon959 posted on Oct 26 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
For future reference, when you go into Explorer you can switch between Delete/Copy/Move with the Y button. Then I think it's Select to mark the file/folder and A to perform the action. So to copy to the NAND just mark the file/folder and then browse back to the NAND and press A.

ah, ok. that works. thanks.

Dont know if I should start a new thead but when I upgrade with the .GPU it fails, any ideas. The firmware is 2.1 i just can get te new media player and things.
-Jay

Most important: make sure you name the directory Skin, not Skins or something else.
I made a directory Skins, and but it was not working.

I removed the "s", and it's working great now: it's name-sensitive.

Back