GP2X Upper 32mb Acces

Daid

Website
Visit site
Now that i've found out that I basicly run out of memory when running Clonk, I want to access the upper 32MB for all new/delete calls in my code. (And frackly, I don't care if I overwrite the video player)

Anyone did something like this before? Is this: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=29451 first post up to date? (I mean, is it stable, safe enough for 'everyday' use)

Any ideas how I should go and arrange this? And tips in how I should organize my memory pool? Any cavecats?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daid posted on Sep 4 2006 at 05:39 PM said:
Now that i've found out that I basicly run out of memory when running Clonk, I want to access the upper 32MB for all new/delete calls in my code. (And frackly, I don't care if I overwrite the video player)

Anyone did something like this before? Is this: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=29451 first post up to date? (I mean, is it stable, safe enough for 'everyday' use)

Any ideas how I should go and arrange this? And tips in how I should organize my memory pool? Any cavecats?

Oops, you are. I'm just a end user, no programmer here. But it's worked great for squidgesnes...

if it is the MMU I think it is safe (and already used by SNES, MAME, drmd, neogeo....)
but something about firmware 2.1.0 not ok with MMU hack...

see you :lol:

Yeah but I think that will be corrected fast enough if we can test the mmu hack with the newest firmware. Are you sure though, that the upper 32mb of ram will be enough? Is there a possibility that that part of memory will be filled too after some time or is there a way to flush it?

In MAME is still not activated due to the stability problems (hangs, sometimes it is activated and sometimes not,sometimes the high memory is corrupted in the Neo·Geo games...), and also for causing screen corruption (mainly during the menus navigation)...

Still trying to make it to run correctly... :(

washo posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:30 PM said:

Give me Firmware 2.1.0 and I'll fix hack within about 5 minutes :)

However, a Kernel module should work already, if written correct.

Squidge posted on Sep 5 2006 at 12:42 PM said:
washo posted on Sep 4 2006 at 11:30 PM said:

Give me Firmware 2.1.0 and I'll fix hack within about 5 minutes :)

However, a Kernel module should work already, if written correct.
gngeo now use a module, if someone with a 2.1 kernel want to try...

Back