Ur-Quan Masters

Pickle said:
chickendung said:
I'm going to compare the make file info between gp2x and wiz and see if I can figure anything out. I'll post what I find.

Okay, so I tried to compare the makefile, but of course I don't know where it is, or what it is named, if it is even with the CDogs or Ur-Quan files. The gpe files between GP2X and Wiz are identical. I'd really like to see two files to compare so ordinary people might be able to make ports.

I just looked and when I did a clean my buildvars for the wiz got creamed...I have to redo it, i was going to recompile another version.

I don't understand. Are you going to recompile another version of Ur-Quan to see if you can fix the mineral issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:
I'm going to compare the make file info between gp2x and wiz and see if I can figure anything out. I'll post what I find.

Okay, so I tried to compare the makefile, but of course I don't know where it is, or what it is named, if it is even with the CDogs or Ur-Quan files. The gpe files between GP2X and Wiz are identical. I'd really like to see two files to compare so ordinary people might be able to make ports.

I just looked and when I did a clean my buildvars for the wiz got creamed...I have to redo it, i was going to recompile another version.

I don't understand. Are you going to recompile another version of Ur-Quan to see if you can fix the mineral issue?

Well I saw a different issue. I think I know why the mineral mode is slow, I seem to remember that mode being more pixelated. I think Senor Quack added a filter to it. I bet if I remove the filter it will run better.

Pickle said:
chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:

Well I saw a different issue. I think I know why the mineral mode is slow, I seem to remember that mode being more pixelated. I think Senor Quack added a filter to it. I bet if I remove the filter it will run better.

In the readme it says that mmuhack was used. Isn't there supposed to be a mmuhack file for the hack to work?

chickendung said:
In the readme it says that mmuhack was used. Isn't there supposed to be a mmuhack file for the hack to work?
You can add it if you want the code is there just rename the ext from .ko to .o. Its not going to help though ive tried it just for kicks

Pickle said:
chickendung said:
You can add it if you want the code is there just rename the ext from .ko to .o. Its not going to help though ive tried it just for kicks

Okay, so any progress on figuring out the slowness?

chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:

nope, i dont see anything. Senor Quack would have some ideas, but he probably lost on some trail.

Pickle said:
chickendung said:
Pickle said:
chickendung said:

nope, i dont see anything. Senor Quack would have some ideas, but he probably lost on some trail.

You probably don't want to make a port from scratch with the source code, so I'll drop it. The only thing that was full-speed in the game was super melee, actually. I compared a pc version with the wiz,and the space navigation is much slower as well.

Not sure what i'am doing wrong here... seem to have no control.

Only the u.p button works and that just skips through the menus then I get onto a star map and cant do anything...

And advice?

AMADEUS said:

Only the u.p button works and that just skips through the menus then I get onto a star map and cant do anything...

And advice?

No idea why it doesnt work. There is a config utility you can try I think it allows (re)mapping of the buttons.

Pickle said:
AMADEUS said:

And advice?

No idea why it doesnt work. There is a config utility you can try I think it allows (re)mapping of the buttons.

Tried the config and no joy with that...

FYI I am on a Mac and the wiz firmware is 1.0.
I am loading from the launcher as I haven't done the ini file yet.
Also when I first installed it it just crashed to wiz menu every time I tried to start it but after re-installing and remove mac files (.DS_Store etc) it loaded ok.

Any ideas?

Back