usage scenario of dual analog nubs

I personally think that dual analog nubs is a fabulous idea. Look + strafe&move works great in FPS games, but it need one essential component - shoulder buttons. After all, you're simultaneously running, aiming and shooting. :)
AFAIK Pandora has shoulder button HW on PCB (think lines, logic, trigger soldier points), but due to 'time constraints' no buttons themselves. :(

Is this true or I'm not up to date ?

And if this is true - does any HW modder intends to 'enable' those buttons ? Maybe we could devise some standardized 'mod kit'. ? :wink:

Do anyone see any elegant way of steering & shooting in fast-paced FPS without shoulder buttons ?

SteveM said:
There are indeed solder pads for two extra shoulder buttons. You do realise there's one on each side already?

I did not. :D

THX SteveM - I overlook this 'extra' part in original post regarding shoulder buttons. :oops:

panda02.jpg

Is this final design of shoulder buttons (because they seem small, and are not raised) ?
I understand that raising them would make them prone to damage during transport, but the only alternative would be to make them at least as large as surface of the fingertip - so button border would not block finger travel during pressing. I cannot determine the size from the picture, so if any of you guys had his hands on Pandora - please comment.

BTW - is upside-down 'R' a rendering mishap, or there is some nifty idea behind it ?

This picture seems to be more up to date than others I have seen in the past :wacko:

The others seem to have white shoulder pads

Do you have any more images of the pandora - as there seems to have been little updated on the blog over the past few weeks regarding case and final design

maciek_urbanski said:
BTW - is upside-down 'R' a rendering mishap, or there is some nifty idea behind it ?
Interesting that a few people have mentioned the upside down L and R. They're the same on the DS. If you look at them over the top of the top screen, which is fairly natural, they're the right way up!

barnesy said:
maciek_urbanski said:
Interesting that a few people have mentioned the upside down L and R. They're the same on the DS. If you look at them over the top of the top screen, which is fairly natural, they're the right way up!
Indeed - that makes a lot more sense than if you look at them from the back, in which case the R is on the left and the L on the right!

maciek_urbanski said:
Is this final design of shoulder buttons (because they seem small, and are not raised) ?
It's a bit tough to tell in a render, but I believe that the entire corner is the button, and that small rectangular bit is just an indentation for grip. Actual button outlined in green:

Back