USB Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aydo

Still Fresh
Ok, i must be a moron or something, b/c i can't figure out how to install the drivers and no one will tell me. I'm running Windows XP, i have my GP32 on and hooked up, i've done everything i was told to and i can't get it to read my USB. I tried each one, which i know all work b/c i have other things that work in them. When i download the drivers, it only gives me a .ini and .sys file that i can't do anything with. I read the manual and it says something should ask me what drivers i want to use but can't figure it out.. plz help..

I just got a GP32 for Christmas...And i install the Driver for XP and it mucks up my whole computer ...It says Windows XP found problems with Driver i cant fix it or anything...I have tried many drivers...I authorized my GP32 at a friends house becase it would work at mine but he also had Windows XP and it dint work...it does not reconise the GP32 WHAT DO I DO NOW!!!!!

I have a Smart reader is there any way i can use that but i need to get Free launcher on there

This is the wrong forum, but you can use mIRC to get the free launcher, see elsewhere for how.

Squidge posted on Dec 30 2003 at 12:49 AM said:
This is the wrong forum, but you can use mIRC to get the free launcher, see elsewhere for how.
In order to use IRC to register it, he needs to run a program on his PC to read the GP32 internal ID, but since his PC doesnt recognize his GP32 then IRC is of no use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aydo posted on Dec 29 2003 at 05:48 PM said:
Ok, i must be a moron or something, b/c i can't figure out how to install the drivers and no one will tell me. I'm running Windows XP, i have my GP32 on and hooked up, i've done everything i was told to and i can't get it to read my USB. I tried each one, which i know all work b/c i have other things that work in them. When i download the drivers, it only gives me a .ini and .sys file that i can't do anything with. I read the manual and it says something should ask me what drivers i want to use but can't figure it out.. plz help..
Here is what I did when I got my GP32 this Christmas:

00) insert your SmartMedia Card into your GP32
01) visit http://english.gamepark.com/
02) create an account (if you dont have one)
03) sign in
04) click where it says DOWLOAD
05) download the USB Drivers first
06) unzip the drivers to a folder of your choice
07) connect the USB cable to your PC
08) connect the USB cable to your GP32
09) turn on your GP32
10) on your GP32, select the option called PC LINK
11) your computer should detect your device and ask you for drivers, you just point the install wizard to look for drivers in the folder that you unzipped the drivers to
12) if you are running Windows XP, the install wizard will alert you that the drivers are not digitally signed by Microsoft and ask you if you are sure you want to install them, just click on YES
13) after a few seconds, your GP32 should be recognized and installed and you should get a message saying your device is ready for use
14) download the GP32 Authentication Wizard from GamePark's website
15) run it and use the same username and password that you used to sign into GamePark's website
16) once the authentication has been completed, return to GamePark's website and download & install & run the GP32 PC Link Host application
17) assuming your GP32 is still on and in PC LINK mode, on the GP32 PC Link Host application, select FILE, FORMAT (this will create the required folders on your memory card)
18) download FREE LAUNCHER from GamePark's website
19) assuming your GP32 is still on and in PC LINK mode, on the GP32 PC Link Host application, select FILE, INSTALL and point the installer to the FREE LAUNCHER file that you downloaded before
20) You are set to go and start downloading all the wonderful EMUs and Games that we have for our little handheld wonder.

Hope that helps.

You should download everything to save time and not have to go back and forth to the website, but the way I explained it seemed simpler.

Also, if your GP32 is still not being detected by your PC then are you sure that the USB port that you are using works? do other USB devices get detected?

Last edited by a moderator:
WoooHoo i finally got it to work ..Thanks to JCBNETWORK i dint no i had to have it on pc lick mode actually i dint no there was one on GP..But thank you very much...I just ned to now how to get games on there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back