Usb Hd Transfer Solution?

Prothall

As the owner of a 250GB, learning that the GP2X USB Host feature was a mistake stung me. Since I've received my GP2X, I've become much less concerned - it's not nearly as big a hassle as I assumed it would be. That said, being able to use my USB HD would make things even simpler, even though it would require having a wall outlet handy for power.

There's been talk of USB OTG bridges being used, but their limited sophistication made their functionality as regards the GP2X severly limited.

http://www.dapreview.net/comment.php?comment.news.2822

This device appears to be fancy enough that you can select what files to transfer and which way to move them - just what I need, and likely just what the rest of you want, too. You'll still need an SD card big enough to hold each file you're using, but it needn't hold your whole collection.

Even if this works as I believe it does, I don't think I'll pick one up at the current price - but it certainly is interesting.

Reading a further link more closely, it seems this may only interface as desired with iPods, but it is Linux powered and can be monkeyed with.

There is USB 1.1 host on the ext port, but drivers, software, etc. need to be written to utilize that functionality. Not to mention another piece of hardware purchased or built.

Back