GP2X Usb Network Adaptor, Not Wifi.

MadDog

Website
www.maddoggames.com
I've got a usb -> network adapter, works on my pc in windows and Linux with no installing. So I know there is code out there for Linux to run it.

Connected it to my Bob to see what happened, the hot plug stuff recognised it but it kept bombing which then caused it to act as if it had just been plugged in, so it would repeat the whole process again and again.....

Here is my log file

I'm a bit lost in linux so i'm going to take this one step at a time. So to start how do I stop it keep thinking the adaptor has just been connected? (assuming this is a software problem, i've connected other stuff to the bob ok)

Thanks. :)

I've found the source to the driver :) But I can't get it to build with the sdk. I've wasted time copying over missing headers from the FW release but now I get build errors because things like kobject are not defined. :(

What do I need to build this module? ( apart from some basic Linux knowledge ;) )

I think you're right, the problem is just that the driver isn't there - "not claimed by any active driver" or some such. I believe you have to use GPH's SDK to build it, and might have to use a similar .config to what they used (some options change tons of things and may alter dependencies between modules and the kernel).

BradN posted on Jul 28 2006 at 09:42 PM said:
I think you're right, the problem is just that the driver isn't there - "not claimed by any active driver" or some such. I believe you have to use GPH's SDK to build it, and might have to use a similar .config to what they used (some options change tons of things and may alter dependencies between modules and the kernel).

Getting better, using the include dir GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include works a lot better, almost there. But this file "GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h" is not building.

X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h: In function '__netif_rx_schedule':
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h(759): error: invalid lvalue in assignment
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h: In function 'netif_rx_reschedule':
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h(784): error: invalid lvalue in assignment
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h: In function 'netif_tx_disable':
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h(835): error: invalid lvalue in increment
X:\downloads\sdk's\gp2xsdk_windows\GP2XSDK\Tools\arm-gp2x-linux\sys-include/linux/netdevice.h(837): error: invalid lvalue in unary '&'

Any ideas?

P.s. Most of my errors before we because I forgot to define MODULE and __KERNEL__

Last edited by a moderator:
BradN posted on Jul 30 2006 at 06:02 AM said:
Maybe take a look at those lines in netdevice.h?

Errr, do you really think i've not already?

I've got it building, looks like the kernal stuff + my version of GCC don't like building c files. Tweeked a #define and it builds and runs now.( don't like doing that sort of thing) Got a different prob to work on now.

And I should finnish my 64k demo, only hours left, guess should have started it earlyer than last week. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back