Usb Serial Windows

crow_riot

Finally i found something that works with wiz gadget on windows!
It's not the ethernet (yet) but at least the serial gadget works with the standard usb cable.

USBSerial from the archive (thanks to hcf!) works in combination with the windows usb driver from here: http://www.thesycon.com/eng/usb_cdcacm.shtml

The only downside...
Demo Version
The demo version is time-limited but has full functionality. After the device is connected the driver can be used for used for 4 hours, then the driver disables itself and the computer must be rebooted in order to use the demo again. The demo package includes the driver and the documentation.

but it's better than nothing. at least for me at the moment.

Yeah, that driver supports the "Bulk" protocol, which is what the g_serial driver is using with use_acm=0. When I was working on the g_serial gadget, I assumed the CDC/ACM requirements were provided by a separate kernel module, basically a kernel library, and the messages it emitted were about lacking that support in the kernel. Since I didn't need it, I didn't spend any time looking. When I first realized the g_ether driver only wants a CONFIG_DEV_CDC or CONFIG_DEV_SUBSET define set on the basis of the hardware driver present (thus indicating its capability), I first tried the module as CDC/ACM and it complained bitterly (and didn't actually work), in a way that led me to believe that the CDC/ACM capability is made available by the device driver (the lf1000 in this case).

So if you're looking for CDC/ACM capability you may or may not be screwed.

hcf said:
So if you're looking for CDC/ACM capability you may or may not be screwed.

yeah i was trying to launch the serial module with 'use_acm=1' first and finding some suitable drivers for that. but the module didn't even load up on the wiz. but as it's working with that driver without acm capability, i just dont care anymore - because serial access is available anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back