Using Gp2x With Lcd Monitor

dftruf

Still Fresh
Greetings.

Is this possible to connect gp2x to LCD monitor ? Which cheap VGA boxes, are compatibile with gp2x ? Has anyone tried do this ?

+ +
dfTruF

It could probably be done if you buy an svideo -> VGA upscaler, but I wouldn't expect it to look that great afterwards, and it'd probably be kinda expensive. A cheaper alternative is getting a crappy video capture card for a computer and connecting it through that. However, I think you're better off using a normal TV if possible.

BradN posted on Aug 9 2006 at 11:15 AM said:
It could probably be done if you buy an svideo -> VGA upscaler, but I wouldn't expect it to look that great afterwards, and it'd probably be kinda expensive. A cheaper alternative is getting a crappy video capture card for a computer and connecting it through that. However, I think you're better off using a normal TV if possible.
Use an LCD with TV input already.

If your LCD takes VGA I am sure that it will work with any box that will take S-Video, just like any console or DVD player using S-Video

Last edited by a moderator:
before asking such questions, think about why it shouldnt..
Its svideo, the box takes svideo > it will work.
Through hacking up the gp2x to output actual vga may be a way greater projekt.

dfTruF posted on Aug 10 2006 at 10:56 AM said:
But Multi Purpose XGA Box (VGA Box) works with "Automatic formats" 640x480, 800x600, 1024x768.
gp2x has 720*480 maximum resolution. Still this will work with Multi Purpose XGA Box ?

IIRC, someone got it to output 1024x768 to a TV.

Well, the GP2X supports being directly connected to an Analogue VGA compatible monitor (ie. pretty much any PC monitor).

However, GPH decided to not bother bringing the pins outside of the gp2x, so they are only internal (on the cx25874).

Squidge posted on Aug 10 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
Well, the GP2X supports being directly connected to an Analogue VGA compatible monitor (ie. pretty much any PC monitor).

However, GPH decided to not bother bringing the pins outside of the gp2x, so they are only internal (on the cx25874).

Is this possible to build in monitor output pins on GP2X Breakout Board ?

dfTruF posted on Aug 11 2006 at 07:48 AM said:
Is this possible to build in monitor output pins on GP2X Breakout Board ?
nope.

unless you're willing to open your gp2x's case and solder a db15 connector to a bunch of pins, then it could be possible

BradN posted on Aug 10 2006 at 08:57 PM said:
MadDog posted on Aug 10 2006 at 12:24 PM said:

Unfortunately, I believe those things are USB2.0 _only_, so it wouldn't be possible to use on the GP2X.

Why it wouldn't be possible to use "USB2.0 _only_" things on the GP2X ?
Yet, in GP2x is USB 2.0 connection.

The USB2 port on the GP2X is a client only device - that is, it can only connect to a computer or something like that. The USB interface on the ext port can host devices, but it's USB1. It's the only one that can connect device style things like keyboards/mice/etc.

what style packaging is the cx25874 in?
anyone have photos of a GP2x open?

Back