Using Serial Port To Comunicate

drumpi

Hi again:

I need your help, but this time is not a crazy thing of mine. I'm working with a BeagleBoard. For now i was connecting it to my PC via serial cable, but now i need to view it on a TV.
The first problem is I cannot use the s-video output. All wiki says to use /sys/class/display_control/omap_disp_control/graphics file, but there isn't a /sys/class/display_control folder, and no one I tried works.
So i'm using an HDMI cable with one of my FullHD TV, but i can't carry my pc near to it.

So, the most portable gadget with serial interface I have is my GP2X+Craddle, but i don't know how to use it serial conection to read and send commands to beagle. I'm noob with linux, and only know minicom to work with, and all informatio I readed is about how to connect GP2X to PC (mainly to use JTAG).

Can you help me, please? or i'm crazyer than i'm expected?

Drumpi said:
Hi again:

I need your help, but this time is not a crazy thing of mine. I'm working with a BeagleBoard. For now i was connecting it to my PC via serial cable, but now i need to view it on a TV.
The first problem is I cannot use the s-video output. All wiki says to use /sys/class/display_control/omap_disp_control/graphics file, but there isn't a /sys/class/display_control folder, and no one I tried works.
So i'm using an HDMI cable with one of my FullHD TV, but i can't carry my pc near to it.

So, the most portable gadget with serial interface I have is my GP2X+Craddle, but i don't know how to use it serial conection to read and send commands to beagle. I'm noob with linux, and only know minicom to work with, and all informatio I readed is about how to connect GP2X to PC (mainly to use JTAG).

Can you help me, please? or i'm crazyer than i'm expected?

serial might be bad to use as the kernel spits out stuff there.
have you thought about using the GP2X usb network over usb?
or adding wireless/network adapter to your beagle and ssh'ing to it from your pc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back