Value Pack Case/pouch?

BraveBruce

Still Fresh
Hiya,

I have read confusing reports about the value pack case/pouch being different to the one you can buy as an accessory. Could someone please clarify it what it is, or maybe send a picture? Please?

Thanks in advance,
Bruce

Eep. I might go for the 'case' then.I would get a cheaper DS case, but I like having things 'branded'.

Thanks everyone, for the speedy replies.

The branded case is not good, it wont fit for anything but the GP2X, you can't even add two spare batteries.

I advice you to look for a DS or a digital camera's bag, those are more likely to have additional space for the spare batteries and extra SD cards you might have.

Some DS cases aren't branded and look very nice too.

Don't take too long though as most new DS cases are for the DS Lite and the cases for old DS are disappearing from stock.

The branded case is not good, it wont fit for anything but the GP2X, you can't even add two spare batteries.

My gp2x branded case can fit the console, spare batteries and spare SD cards in cases.

Perhaps we are talking about different cases?

Last edited by a moderator:

My gp2x branded case can fit the console, spare batteries and spare SD cards in cases.

Perhaps we are talking about different cases?
Yeah, you can carry stuff in the pocket. I just put a small piece of foam in there to prevent things from coming out of the pocket. It's not ideal, I suppose, but I'm happy with it.

The GP2x branded case CAN hold two spare batteries, if you put those to the left and right of the GP2x itself. There's some spare room over there, ideal to hold the two batteries.
Also, the case can hold a few SD cards in their 'cases' and those tiny headphones...
I admit it doesn't fit really *well* all in there, but it *fits*..
AND, the official case fits the GP2x perfectly well! I bet it's the case which gives the best protection to your precious handheld.. :p

AND, the official case fits the GP2x perfectly well! I bet it's the case which gives the best protection to your precious handheld.. :p
Doubt it - my DS case also fits the GP2X perfectly. There is a small gap between the stick and the top, and it fits exactly in to the 'rectangle'. It's also got some elastic straps to hold it in place, is quite well padded and has a small pouch for storing cartridges, but it obviously fits SD cards fine, and you can even fit more batteries in there if you want.

I thought the official gp2x case was fine too, I had spare batteries, three sd cards and their cases and a lens cleaning cloth fitted in.

Only problem I had was that it had a zippy thing - I much prefer a pouch style case, like what most cameras have, so I got one, at the sacrifice of my battery space. Much better for rapid replacement on the go - and the extra/dead batteries go in my pocket. :) I had a look at a ds case, and funnily enough decided the elastic things would just annoy me (Plus it was still one of those zippy things).

img1391largevo7.jpg

Theres a pic as requested. I get the weird smell from it also, but who goes around smelling pouches? On the plus its very soft.

I personally dont mind pouches. I included my iPod and its pouch in the picture also.

My favourite thing about having pouches is that you can put badges on them, seems childish but Ive been doing for a long time now :).

Edit

Just realise the amount of finger prints that black items catch.

Wow, what a big picture you have! Still thats not really the kind of thing for chucking your gp2x into a rucksack... For a coat pocket perhaps... I have a padded pouch, which if I was feeling really energetic could take an amazing 9mega pixel photo of! :) I might have trouble uploading it though...

Edit;
Just realise the amount of finger prints that black items catch.
But not the matt parts!!

I only put 2x in my pocket so it works well for me. Im only usin a 7.4mp Camera, resized the pic though.

"only 7.4" hotdamn I've been using 4.0 for the last years, this technology races way too fast :(

NoZ: That GP2X stick looks very grippy, does it really have a grainy texture? If so they must have updated the MK2 stick, a good thing indeed :)

- Alex

Its got a good bit of grip. If I could find my screw driver set I want to check something out.

Back