It's running ICS

8GB

5 point multitouch

ARM Cortex A8

512MB DDR3

4 hour battery life

HDMI out

Micro SD slot

Obviously not the best of the best out there, but it's only £99 from Curry's and PC World.

Just if any of you interested

Think I will get one as my other Android tab doesn't look like it will be upgraded from Gingerbread

Anyone else used/heard of it, I couldn't find any reviews for it...

Here's a link for it: http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/versus-touchpad-7-tablet-pc-8-gb-13828789-pdt.html

My wife's iPad 3 kicks that into touch a bit. Even my Galaxy Note does much better than that on a smaller (but not by that much) screen. The Pandora stomps them all and has kind of spoilt my appreciation of new tech (especially if Super Zaxxon Beta 5 is as good as it seems).

I've got one of these tablets coming, the battery is a bit lame I agree, but it will do for my main use which will be indoors anyway ... browsing web, YT, ebay, stuff I mostly do on my phone but is more enjoyable on a larger screen.

iPad's do have good battery life from what I've heard but you pay for it eh, they're far from cheap.

What's the new Super Zaxxon Beta 5 offering then in battery performance terms?

I did read somewhere here, under one of the other boards that I rarely delve into [once i get my Pandora I will be reading those a lot more], I think from Gruso?...That listed a load of new features but I can't recall where exactly I read that, or if it mentioned battery life.

Is this version improving on the already amazing 12 hours then?

Pandora battery life is a great feat, laughs in the face of devices like my phone which need charging up every single day even when not caning it.

My wife's iPad 3 kicks that into touch a bit. Even my Galaxy Note does much better than that on a smaller (but not by that much) screen. The Pandora stomps them all and has kind of spoilt my appreciation of new tech (especially if Super Zaxxon Beta 5 is as good as it seems).

And all of those products cost quite a bit more so they should be better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dearer price shouldn't automatically equal better battery life though.

Dearer price shouldn't automatically equal better battery life though.

No but for £99 it's a decent entry level bit of kit.

Got it, charging it up now and so far so good, the weight and physical feel of it is pretty nice, nicer than the other [cheapish] 7" one I had here before, that was an Ainol Novo.

This one is a bit more bevelled on the edges and has nicer physical buttons for power/volume

Will be my first use of ICS too, only had quick look around it on mates' phones up till now

Not so sure about this now - Might have to go back to shop

Gave it a charge, booted it up and seemed ok

Used the physical volume rocker button and noticed it was a bit unresponsive, didn't turn down as I clicked it a couple of times, then it caught up and shot all the way down to mute .... stayed there with the graphic showing still for about 20 seconds after I had let go.

Then checked around the menus, logged into my google account, watched a YT vid and added the YT widget to my homescreen, all good.

Was loving it for around 15 mins.

Then I noticed a strange 'ripple' .. you know how you press on an LCD and make that ripple effect with your touch - It was doing that on the screen from my fingers on the back! I guess it's that thin and not that strong a build. Dodgy though eh?

I wasn't pressing/squeezing it hard either. If I did press the back a little firmer it just became more obvious [the ripples]

Then tried the volume again, using the physical button, to see if more responsive - nope, no graphic volume slider showed at all now...

Thought I would reboot it, shut it down and now it isn't booting up again.

I don't think it run out of juice, it was on charge for a couple hour at least and when it was on the charge level showed full.

May be a knackered unit?

Not best pleased so far anyway, going to leave it charging another hour and then try boot up again and fingers crossed it starts up for me.

It does seem to be proper ICS, I had a custom ICS on an M12 Wopad tablet but that was obviously not the real deal.

This has all the features like setting the data usage, shows the apps and widgets as you flick through.

How would you tell for sure?

Weird .. It's running again now, seems that if you have the device on and then connect the charger it turns it off whilst charging up, you cannot turn it on while connected to mains.

Bit lame, not sure if this is meant to behave like that or I have a dodgy device?

So long as i'm not connected though it seems to run ok, apart from the rippling effect from my pressing of the back panel, I'll just be sensitive with it

get what you pay for eh?

My fault - I was using my existing cable from other tab, the official one works fine and can use when charging.

Also these are rooted already.

I'm happy with this purchase

Back