Vice Alpha 1 Port

sweetlilmre

Hi,

Welcome to the first alpha port of Vice the amazing C64 emulator.
This port is based on the excellent gp2x port and the work of A600 (microlib, ported to gp2x minimal lib compatibility).
At the moment the following known issues exist:

1. Sound lags.
2. Overclocking might be a bit... dodgy :blink:
3. True drive emulation does not work, this will limit compatibility.
4. Palette colours are hard coded.

Buttons:

Select: Menu
RTrig: stats
LTrig: VKBD

Please launch the x64.dge file, direct launch of x64 will not work.

Vice Alpha1 Download

I need to clean the source up but will provide it shortly.

Some technical stuff:

The palette and true drive emulation issues are linked to floating point emulation problems on the (my?) A320.
cos() and sin() functions return absolutely borked values and some other issues with floating point seem to occur.

I am building using a custom toolchain based on OpenEmbedded (I have never managed to get buildroot to work) so it is entirely possible that I have a mismatched uclibc or something along those lines.

If anyone could provide specifics on how the rootfs is built (exact GCC and uclibc versions etc.) or any other help I would really appreciate it.

Also, if Booboo is reading this:

1. atexit is missing from the uclibc config (I have it in mine. Execution against it on the A320 causes an error).
2. It would be awesome if instructions on how to build your rootfs from scratch were available.
3. Why not eglibc? :)

-(e)

Thanks for your work, but can you tell me how I run this thing, it seems to don't work on Dingux.

OK, read the solution in a320.freeforums, you have to copy the contents of the Data Folder to one level up to the Vice root directory, to get the emulator running.

slaanesh said:
I have built my own toolchain for the A320 Dingoo to run under cygwin - interested?

Hi,

I am certainly interested in _how_ you did this i.e. configuration etc.
I managed to solve the floating point issue: compiled with the 'official' toolchain, so there is definately something incorrect in my config / setup.

I have no problems with Linux btw so cygwin wouldn't really be of use, the method however would be gold :)
Lookout for a new release shortly with TrueDrive and correct palette.
-(e)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

Been testing your version, and it seems more playable if Sid engine set to FastSID and frameskip set to 1.

Also have overclock set to 390 which seems very stable.

Can this be set as default on the next release as it is too jumpy at the moment.

Back