Video Encoding?

OmarNawaz

i followed the instructions in the faq to convert a naruto ep but it doesn't play on gpcinema i can't play it, the file shows up but when i press A nothing happens.

i need some help here people :eek: must have naruto on gp32 :blink:

This is a summary of a number of posts I've done in the past about this:

1. Try formatting the SMC and put it back on, then see what happens.

2. Is it xvid? There's a lot of versions that won't play ball with GP Cinema, theres a specific codec that works - available at JoyGP called Koepi's Build

3. If its Divx 4.12 - then encode 100kbs-128kbs, decimate by 3 frame rate, resize:320x200 precise bilinear, mp3 22,050hz 3kb/sec sound with vol. @ 150% and high quality checked. FAQ is on www.gp32world.co.uk, check this is ok.

4. Try out a 3 minute video if you use crappy PC Link and check that first, since I have had PC link bug out on me with large files (thats why I use an SMC reader) Get a music video or something for this.

5. Large files can take up to a minute to load. I have Lord of the Rings spread across two 128's and can take 30 secs or more to load.

6. If you downloaded the file off the 'net, it may have video corruption in the stream, using an Avi Fix Joiner programme should fix that. Better still if you have the DVD

7. Be patient, once you know your GP Cinema is not at fault, then its probably the video file. (more likely to be the avi thats dodgy).

8. Try Sam fisher's torrent site for *legit* videos to test with. @ http://www.gp32torrent.tk

9. Videos previously encoded with "hippy" sound settings like 16000hz won't work (usually ones off the 'net). You have to save the sound separately as a wav and convert it to 22,050 or 44100 before adding it back in (this SOB happened to me recently with the final episode of Friends)

Hope this helps :)

i have got it working by following a guide for moviepark 10fps is alright for anime but i heard gpcinema is capable of 23fps, how do i encode for best quality?

i have an encoded film that works but crashes at some points in the video. why is this?

Back