Video-in Capabilities

zaxwerks

Still Fresh
hi everyone,

noob question..i was wondering did anyone know how to make a video-in with gp2x ..with additional devices or board of course.

thanks in advance

yes..i guess USB capture device is the best solution right now. i was wondering if gamepark holding will make a video-in port in comingg models :D

thanks a bunch rememberthe8bit ..really appreciate it

Actually, this cable for tv-out i have doesn't work where i live because where i live its input. Can i use it as input with proper programming?

Actually, this cable for tv-out i have doesn't work where i live because where i live its input. Can i use it as input with proper programming?

Hi Nmn

i dont understand?cause i think its totally different process...where do you live btw?
maybe using converter as Samba Pa Ti will work..i dont know.. pls enlight me...anyone have try it before?

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
You just need a male-to-male phono (like for your Hi-Fi) and a male-to-male S-Video lead. Maybe an S-Video to Scart adapter at the other end if your TV doesn't have S-Video...

Err. TVout means it has OUTGOING signals. It can *not* do any INCOMING signals, for which you would need some additional hardware which the GP2x doesn't have..

A USB TVtuner with proper drivers and software would rock, though. Portable DVR... :)
Although I wonder if the hardware and the SD card writespeeds can do it..

Hmmm... Forgot about that. Perhaps something like this might work...

yes rememberthe8bit, it might work...but my point is to use GP2X as part of process...maybe controlling the recording time and other possibilites, it runs linux ..im sure GP2X can do lot more...
is it possible to use BoB and additional device as input video to GP2X?then GP2X will write or even encode they video? i hope i dont asking too much here :)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Back