Video Problems

Mudi

You're pushing your luck little man
Website
mudiweb.com
I haven't really used my GP2X much for video, but now I want to ;)

I'm using the following command to convert a WMV file to xvid, but when played on the GP2X it plays fine for a few seconds then the video drops to about 1FPS while the audio plays on at full speed, completely out of sync.

Code:
mencoder input.wmv -o output.avi -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame -xvidencopts bitrate=9000000 -vf scale=320:-3 -lameopts cbr:br=80

That bitrate=9000000 results in a video bitrate of about 300kbps on my computer, while bitrate=300 results in a video bitrate of about 25kbps :p I think the problem might be related to that.

It's probably not microsofts fault... the transcoded file plays fine on my PC, but glitches on the GP2X. Meh.

Using linux, nice suggestion though, I used to use VirtualDubMod for light video editing.

I always encode my stuff with mencoder and i don't have a problem.
Maybe you could try to (de)encode it to a uncompressed avi first and then encode it into xvid.
Oh, and i don't use "xvid" as ovc but lavc, maybe you could try that.

my ovc string:
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vbitrate=250:v4mv:mbd=2:trell:cmp=2:subcmp=3:mbcmp=3:vhq=1
you also need to set the fourcc, i use -ffourcc DX50 but xvid would be fine as well.

Bah, there must be something wrong with my mencoder, lavc at bitrate=250 is creating a video stream of 63kbs (UGLY). Trying with bitrate=(big number here) I guess...

One other oddity... if either the subcmp or mbcmp options are set, it segfaults. Bleh.

EDIT: And... no-go. Bah, this is irritating, I know it isn't the video player that is being dumb because I can play videos encoded by other people just fine.

Bah, there must be something wrong with my mencoder, lavc at bitrate=250 is creating a video stream of 63kbs (UGLY). Trying with bitrate=(big number here) I guess...

One other oddity... if either the subcmp or mbcmp options are set, it segfaults. Bleh.

EDIT: And... no-go. Bah, this is irritating, I know it isn't the video player that is being dumb because I can play videos encoded by other people just fine.

Try using...
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=128:vol=0 -srate 44100 -aid 1 -ovc xvid -sws 0 -xvidencopts bitrate=600:max_key_interval=240:vhq=3:max_bframes=0:qpel:trellis -ofps 25 -vop scale=320:240 -noodml

which is what i use for mine, I havnt had a problem with wmv or asf this way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back