Video

MajorShake

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I put this in another topic somewhere on the forums before, but does anyone know a good video file resizing program (im talking in terms of resolution) i use vdub, and i change the resolution, but it always comes out the to the size it was set before, am i missing something in vdub? or can you recommend any other good programs.

ive used lots of software - vdub is great, but sometimes it just has too many options. my favorite program ended up being tmpgxpress (mainly for mVCDs / kVCDs), which i used for a long time - but now I'm so picky, i just download the exact copy of something i want, or I use GKnot (Gordian Knot) to rip it from DVD (to Xvid / divx), although that uses vDub among many other tools and can get quite complex.

Someone posted a nifty program here the other day called pocket divx encoder which i have yet to try... if that doesn't work for me, i will be going back to tmpgxpress - it hadn't failed me in the past - i stopped using it the day i bought a divx player for $40 at walmart.

scientist said:
ive used lots of software - vdub is great, but sometimes it just has too many options. my favorite program ended up being tmpgxpress (mainly for mVCDs / kVCDs), which i used for a long time - but now I'm so picky, i just download the exact copy of something i want, or I use GKnot (Gordian Knot) to rip it from DVD (to Xvid / divx), although that uses vDub among many other tools and can get quite complex.

Someone posted a nifty program here the other day called pocket divx encoder which i have yet to try... if that doesn't work for me, i will be going back to tmpgxpress - it hadn't failed me in the past - i stopped using it the day i bought a divx player for $40 at walmart.
i treasure my divx player, great buy if ive ever seen one
(along with the 2x =P)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pocket Divx Encoder

You can follow this guide here, For using Virtual Dub to convert movies to 320x240. The guide is actually written for the GP2x`s predecessor (the GP32), So you should increase the audio and video quality (bitrate), As the GP2x does not suffer from the 128mb flash card limit the GP32 does.

Trooper

trooper said:
Pocket Divx Encoder

You can follow this guide here, For using Virtual Dub to convert movies to 320x240. The guide is actually written for the GP2x`s predecessor (the GP32), So you should increase the audio and video quality (bitrate), As the GP2x does not suffer from the 128mb flash card limit the GP32 does.

Trooper

Thanks trooper, you assistance is very much appreciated :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Try putting in an avs script like:

DirectShowSource("K:\Bleach\Bleach 1 - 100\Bleach 26 - 50\Bleach - 30 .avi")
BilinearResize(640,436)
AddBorders(0,22,0,22)

That should take care of your resize problem for your TV

If you use Vdubmod, there is actually a resizing program on there. You just go to "video>>>filter>>>add>>>Vodresize" It's one of the best resize programs I know,.

Back