Videocodecs

Klumpen

Run away! Run away!
Hello,

i mentioned this some time ago in the german forum and haven't found anything about it here either.

I really would like to watch my lowres (max 480p) h264-Vids on the Pandora without converting them.

Is there any easy method of getting the codec to work in smplayer2 or any other video player on the OP?

regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

i mentioned this some time ago in the german forum and haven't found anything about it here either.

I really would like to watch my lowres (max 480p) h264-Vids on the Pandora without converting them.

Is there any easy method of getting the codec to work in smplayer2 or any other video player on the OP?

regards

Here is the codec pack http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/CodecPack.pnd

Are the videos playing slowly or not at all? In my experience h264 videos play flawlessly in smplayer2 as long as the vertical resolution is kept under 480 or so and reasonable bitrates are used. I usually rip dvds to h264 mkvs for viewing on the pandora and they work great.

Installing the codec pack will make no difference for smplayer2 since the libraries used for decoding are statically linked into the mplayer binary.

Back