Hack-Free Flash Videos On The Pandora

ImmaculateChimp said:
When people on these forums mention flash support(or a workaround for flash) it always seems to be in conjunction with youtube, I can't wait for the day when I'll(hopefully) be able to run hulu flawlessly on Pandora. :)
iPlayer FTW. Bring on Doctor Who ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
CoMiKe said:
I think that, instead of using Flash or HTML5 to play Internet media contents, the best thing would be to have a browser plugin that detects video URLs and open it on the integrated MPlayer.

That would be a lot more optimized and useful, as the browser window would take a lot of the space and there would be little room left for the video.
We have something very similar to this. It was called the embed tag. It was in use over 15 years ago, and it was very good. Some browsers had the ability to break the embedded content out into the actual player so you could make it full screen or whatever. And then youtube* came along, invented the square wheel, and everyone thought it was great.

*it wasn't youtube, but for the sake of over exaggeration, we'll say it was.

I know, but in a screen that small, I prefer to play videos fullscreen.

Although, even if mplayer is embedded in the browser, I suppose it would also let you watch the video fullscreen is you switch it. Could be a good idea, also.

ImmaculateChimp said:
When people on these forums mention flash support(or a workaround for flash) it always seems to be in conjunction with youtube, I can't wait for the day when I'll(hopefully) be able to run hulu flawlessly on Pandora. :)
Funny you mention that. It's probably because hulu only works in the US. :angry: Too bad, because it sounds awesome. Although, if you can recommend a proxy that supports video streams...

Mr.Confuzed said:
ImmaculateChimp said:
Funny you mention that. It's probably because hulu only works in the US. :angry: Too bad, because it sounds awesome. Although, if you can recommend a proxy that supports video streams...
Other hulu-like sites that I'm aware of include:

www.fearnet.com (mostly crappy old horror movies & tv shows, the selection changes, once in a while it has a few gems =)

www.joost.com (similar to hulu, and has some things hulu doesn't, but I personally find more things I like on hulu)

www.veoh.com (feels like a mash-up of joost & youtube, has ok selection, again, like joost, I find more I like on hulu)

www.alluc.org (umm...hmmm..I guess it's a place where users upload links to various tv & movie content, which plays ON alluc though...I think, audio quality can sometimes be rather poor)

I don't know if these will work for you, but I hope this might at least give you a few alternatives to hulu, and I'm sorry hulu doesn't work for you. So you know, here in the u.s. I've been unable access hulu from my PlayStation 3 ever since microsoft ran those Bing cashback ads... :angry:

Hi guys-

I have a solution for this in the works, and I really just need a unit to try it out at this point. If it works it will enable all manner of flash related content in the browser.

Back