Chromium Web Browser

StreaK has left the community again (possibly, as his facebook is gone again and his SPM is apparently not working anymore) so there will be no update to this version of Chromium at this time.
Until he sell his Pandy he will come back ;) dont worry about that ;)
i hope he does come back,without him chrome will be dead project,as you know no one had updated this browser for a long time but streak was the man to update,well done for that.

try deleting any old chromium appdata folder.
no still freezes, however when i try starting it in beta 1.1, it manages to load okay?

edit/

something bizarre just happened when i ran chrome on beta, 1.1 and clicked on the battery symbol in the top right corner it suddenly drained and the browser froze?

Last edited by a moderator:
Working for me on HF 7B2. The battery draining stuff results from chromium not being able to read the correct percentage from the firmware, but it doesn't crash the browser for me, just showing the battery beeing loaded after it shows 0 percent.

Indeed ED, it even switches to fullscreen automatically for me. I'd really love to see a new port of the Chromium browser only, since it is still the one I use today. I really like its font rendering system which makes small texts more readable on the Pandora screen.

same here, running with pnd_run without problems, but no menu entry. file in /media/sd1/pandora/menu

hmm.. ran it on experimental kernel. system "hang". not sure if only input stopped working, but had to use pandora/power-combo

Working for me on HF 7B2. The battery draining stuff results from chromium not being able to read the correct percentage from the firmware, but it doesn't crash the browser for me, just showing the battery beeing loaded after it shows 0 percent.
Can you give me the link to the firmware you have.

I just installed beta 1.1 and the browser loads ok then on the google screen it freezes,we need proper version this pnd is not working this should be looked into and doesn't work what is it doing in repo.

I just installed beta 1.1 and the browser loads ok then on the google screen it freezes,we need proper version this pnd is not working this should be looked into and doesn't work what is it doing in repo.
You right if people do things for others in their free time without charge they should at least do it properly! We need quality control and people with whips to make devs work harder! Also less punctuation is good punctuation!

:blink:

seriously: wtf ??? :huh:

Lylat Wars: Maybe you want to give it a shot, dedicate some hours of your life in resolving and finding libs and dependencies and read up on packaging pnds?

Edit: And it still works great for me on HF7 Alpha2

Edit2: Maybe some swap can help.

Lylat Wars: Maybe you want to give it a shot, dedicate some hours of your life in resolving and finding libs and dependencies and read up on packaging pnds?

Edit: And it still works great for me on HF7 Alpha2

Edit2: Maybe some swap can help.
To be honest firefox is my favourite browser and you tube runs faster than chrome.

This is off topic but your panmame doesn't work in beta 1.1,why is it doing that.

Are you booting beta 1.1 as normal (i.e as HF7b2) or with the experimental kernel? mcobits non whipped first release of PanMame is designed for HF7 upwards but perhaps not for the experimental kernel, in which case your report that it isn't working correctly is a valid bug reporting effort for the Beta 1.1 experimental kernel thread but is otherwise, an unwarranted over expectation of perfection already, from a testing release of someone elses hard work, time and skills, that the both of us haven't got the faintest clue about what's involved in, yet the privilege and benefit from. Unless we piss them off too much and they cease bothering to bother on our behalf anymore.

Are you booting beta 1.1 as normal (i.e as HF7b2) or with the experimental kernel? mcobits non whipped first release of PanMame is designed for HF7 upwards but perhaps not for the experimental kernel, in which case your report that it isn't working correctly is a valid bug reporting effort for the Beta 1.1 experimental kernel thread but is otherwise, an unwarranted over expectation of perfection already, from a testing release of someone elses hard work, time and skills, that the both of us haven't got the faintest clue about what's involved in, yet the privilege and benefit from. Unless we piss them off too much and they cease bothering to bother on our behalf anymore.
It's ok i got panmame to work perfectly,the emulator is bit weird it has music on the gamelist and most annoying it has duke nukem soundtrack.

Why is chrome freezing on beta 1.1 it was also doing that on hf7 b1

Back