Will Chrome Os Or Google Chrome (Browser) Run On The Pandora?

aesir911 said:
B-ZaR said:
aesir911 said:
chrome is over rated...

This is purely a guess, but am I right to assume that you use safari?
no, i use firefox. just because i have a mac, therefore i must use safari... prejudice! :)

in order of greatness:

1. firefox
2. google chrome (perhaps worse than safari)
3. safari
4. internet explorer

Wha!?

Firefox, Opera, and Chrome all have their perks.

Safari and IE do not. They're both ravenously targeted by hackers. IE I can understand, because it's such a steaming pile of... browser - but Safari seems to be targeted because it's the weakest link in OSX. It has the widest attack surface.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kramy said:
aesir911 said:
B-ZaR said:
aesir911 said:
chrome is over rated...

This is purely a guess, but am I right to assume that you use safari?
no, i use firefox. just because i have a mac, therefore i must use safari... prejudice! :)

in order of greatness:

1. firefox
2. google chrome (perhaps worse than safari)
3. safari
4. internet explorer

Wha!?

Firefox, Opera, and Chrome all have their perks.

Safari and IE do not. They're both ravenously targeted by hackers. IE I can understand, because it's such a steaming pile of... browser - but Safari seems to be targeted because it's the weakest link in OSX. It has the widest attack surface.

it's not fact. it's just what i've experienced with speed, virus control, ease of use, and functions (add ons are amazing with firefox). i beg to differ on one point though. safari has a plethora of perks compared to chrome. if chrome didnt have google's name attached to it... well, it would have no followers.

My browser list:

Links (if I'm on console)
Chrome (The one i use currently)
Midori (Fav on Linux, except Chromium)
Safari (Haven't actually tried it)
Internet Explorer (Never had any ad/popups issues with it)
Firefox (I don't like to use a browser just "Boycott IE, unsafe bla bla", and whenever I've tried it it fucks up somewhere, uses shitload of RAM etc)

Really, I still to this day wonder why IE wasn't enough, I never had any problems with it.
And indeed I have visited friends that used Firefox, when you opened their IE it was like 10+ popups and it crashed an awful lot.
But I have NEVER had those issues, makes me want to know what dodgy sites they have been clicking "OK" on...

aesir911 said:
if chrome didnt have google's name attached to it... well, it would have no followers.

Not really. I'll use whatever browser has the best features to performance ratio. It used to be Firefox, but now it's Chrome.

ashdjones said:
aesir911 said:
if chrome didnt have google's name attached to it... well, it would have no followers.

Not really. I'll use whatever browser has the best features to performance ratio. It used to be Firefox, but now it's Chrome.

perhaps i missed something then (only checked it out for a day or two). what are the great features of chrome?

aesir911 said:
ashdjones said:
aesir911 said:

perhaps i missed something then (only checked it out for a day or two). what are the great features of chrome?

As I said, this.

Extensions and the great speed are just in the newest beta though, so be sure to grab that instead of the 3.* official version.

Get it here: http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=betachannel

Oh, and can your Firefox support this? http://www.youtube.com/html5

Wolfsclaw said:
aesir911 said:
ashdjones said:
aesir911 said:

As I said, this.

Extensions and the great speed are just in the newest beta though, so be sure to grab that instead of the 3.* official version.

Get it here: http://www.google.com/chrome/eula.html?extra=betachannel

Oh, and can your Firefox support this? http://www.youtube.com/html5

i'm not seeing it going faster at all. i've compared the two on youtube and hulu. as for RAM, who cares? it's not noticeably different on my mac. i'm just not seeing the perks. all seems to be speculations. and... it doesnt have add ons!

whatever though, i guess it's just matter of opinion in the end. i'm just not convinced, that's all.

aesir911 said:
ashdjones said:
aesir911 said:

In my experience:

Loads pages faster
Runs quicker (especially on Linux)
Very stable
Amazing Javascript peformance
Better handling of tabs as seperate processes
Lighter on RAM, seems to actually free it when you close tabs (unlike firefox)
UI is nicely designed, quick to use
Apparently more secure by design. Dunno.
Silently auto-updates, updates are small

Early on Flash was running badly, but that got fixed quickly. To begin with there weren't plugins, but now there are. Google said they needed time to engineer a more secure plugin system. No idea if they did it or not.

If you want a demo of how fast the javascript engine runs, just go to Chrome Experiments or compare frame-rates on the Javascript NES emulator.

Back