If And When Google Chrome Gets Ported To Linux

The only obstacle to port chrome could have been the v8 javascript engine, because it use just in time compilation.
But since v8 support also arm cpu, a port is indeed possible.

WoD said:
mali said:
Usually I avoid spyware.
Chrome is based on an open-source project. Where do you think they're hiding this so-called "spyware"?

I use Chrome at work. Opera became a big pile of suck recently, and Firefox managed to do it a while ago. There seems to be a process that goes:

1) Make a fast, lightweight and efficient browser
2) Add some useful features like tabs and widgets
3) Pile on pointless shit until the browser is bursting at the seams from bloat
4) Try and reign in the bloat in a new version
5) Goto 3

Occasionally step 4 is ignored because nobody gives a monkeys about efficient and lean code anymore, after all if you're targeting the most bloated pile of crap operating system on the market you might as well make your software to the same standards.

I'll stick with Chrome until they hit step 3.

How about a lack of some of the essentials? for example, Chrome has no full screen option.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
WoD said:
Chrome is based on an open-source project. Where do you think they're hiding this so-called "spyware"?
Just google(lol) it.
Everyone can use what he wants, I don't give a s** about chrome.

Bah, you don't have to live with the spyware mali, see here:
http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=28100

@WoD
Can't understand why you dislike recent versions of Opera, don't think they are as bloated as you are making out).

@all
Just to clarify, I'm not sold on the whole Google Chrome idea but I'm all for it being an option for those who want to use it. I'll probably go with a combination of Firefox and Dillo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back