Chromium Web Browser

Ok. So the workaround in practise is:

1) Enable WiFi before launching Chromium. Should you loose WiFi while usage, quit and restart Chromium.

2) Calculate the clock offset in your mind, or look at your wall clock or wrist watch.

I am ok with that, now that I know that the maintainer uses a precompiled version.

Hi.

Does anybody know how to change the downloads folder in chromium. i'm not able of downloading anything.

Thanx!

PokeParadox already asked, but I found no answer, thus I ask again:

Does this version support extensions, and if so, how does one install them?

Please also add that info to its repo page.Thx.

I went to https://chrome.googl...gory/extensions

Searched for AdBlock Plus, found it.

But no "Install" or "Download" button appears, instead only "Get Chrome".

So I wonder if those extensions even work with ChromIUM at all?

Or maybe its just a Google marketing trick to not support the install routine for ChromIUM in itheir webstore, in order to drive users towards their own ChromE?

Last edited by a moderator:
Chromium definitely supports the add-ons, it's identical to Chrome. So if indeed you are unable to, it's a problem with the build.

I believe you normally get addons by browsing to chrome://addons, chrome://plugins, or chrome://extensions (I don't know which, maybe all of them).

chrome://extensions says something like "You currently don't have any extensions. Would you like to view the gallery?"

Which leads to the URL I stated, which does not permit an install.

Thanks for your attempt, but sadly it is not a solution to my problem.

Anyone who really knows how to do it?

(From a successful extension installation experience in Pandora Chromium 16.0.896.1)

Our version of Chromium is outdated. They keep updating the API to force you to update your version of Chrome. I'm not sure what the minimum working version is right now.

Back