virtual boy emulator

rum runner

Still Fresh
So I have this devise its called a head play heres is the site so you can get a better idea of what iw as talking about.

www.headplay.com

But it makes playing all games like decent and and stuff that has a 3d environment and even 2d sprite layers and games have a depthe of field and it does it using a 2d image. so i was wondering if it was possible to emulate the virtual boy because it would be cool to play red alarm and games from it like there were ment to be.

I know the virtual was short lived nor have i ever had an emulator that worked and im sure that has more to do with the fact that i had a crappy computer nor did i know any thing about picking the stteing and drivers for it but if we got it show the 2d image then with the headplay it would play in its original glory.

just curiouse if such thing were possible. i mran i got pleanty of stuff to play in 3d with 64 games and psx games but played red alarm and mario tennis on it once at my neigghbors and it was really awesome.

Mednafen has the best VB emulator and should be pretty portable. I don't know if it'll be fast enough on Pandora or not, but someone's welcome to try.

Mednafen has the best VB emulator and should be pretty portable. I don't know if it'll be fast enough on Pandora or not, but someone's welcome to try.

how fast would it have to be it came out befor the 64 and we are able to do that. i know nintendo made a big deal out of how complicated the tech was and that why it could be shown on a computer or tv screen. but that decade and half old tech now. i dont know any thing about computer code and i will freely admit to but i will say it would be reall freaking awesome to play lol

how fast would it have to be it came out befor the 64 and we are able to do that. i know nintendo made a big deal out of how complicated the tech was and that why it could be shown on a computer or tv screen. but that decade and half old tech now. i dont know any thing about computer code and i will freely admit to but i will say it would be reall freaking awesome to play lol

The Nintendo 64 emulator has a sophisticated recompiler, has its graphics emulated entirely through hardware rendering on OpenGL ES, and its coprocessor is emulated entirely with HLE.

Mednafen's Virtual Boy emulation doesn't use a recompiler, doesn't have HLE (not that I think any would necessarily be applicable here) and has software rendering for the graphics. And although VB came out slightly before N64 it still has a ~21MHz RISC CPU and a pretty expansive 2D subsystem that can throw more on the screen than most other 2D Nintendo consoles.

The techniques utilized and even the techniques applicable between the two are totally different, it's not a good comparison.

Back