Visual Pinball / Pinmame

me2007

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hey Gamers / Devs

So, Whats the chances of Visual Pinball / Pinmame being ported to the GP2x ?

Would luv to be able to play Haunted House , PlayBoy , Eightball etc on the small screen, especially since
the gp2x can do the screen flip thing.

Pretty sure the source code would be available for this and it has an ever increasing number tables available.

This is my 2nd choice on my wishlist , since the mobile phone games emulator i really want seems like an
inprobable task.

Cheers

:gp2x

me2007 said:
Hey Gamers / Devs

So, Whats the chances of Visual Pinball / Pinmame being ported to the GP2x ?

Would luv to be able to play Haunted House , PlayBoy , Eightball etc on the small screen, especially since
the gp2x can do the screen flip thing.

Pretty sure the source code would be available for this and it has an ever increasing number tables available.

This is my 2nd choice on my wishlist , since the mobile phone games emulator i really want seems like an
inprobable task.
Cheers

:gp2x

Will never happen.

1st. Visual Pinball is not open source.
2nd. VP needs a windows environment to run
3rd. Lot of tables need lots of power, that the GP2X cant handle.

Pinmame could be ported, but then someone needs to write a pinball simulator from scratch and the tables should be rewritten.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh :( , O.K thanks , sorry i thought visual pinballs source code was available and was open source cause of the
pinmame thing.

No worries, i'll just scratch that of my wishlist too

As mentioned the source is not available for Visual Pinball (nor Future Pinball). Additionally, even if it were available, it is *very* tied to Microsoft technologies like COM and VBScript. Porting the application suite would take an enormous effort. I'd rather see the effort go into an open source equivalent with the engine of Future Pinball.

~telengard

Absolutely, Sounds good to me.

" Open source equivalent with the engine of Future Pinball ".

This sort of emulator would be a great addition to the GP2x's already impressive library.

I wish i could help, but the only programming i ever did was a bit of BASIC back in the 80's (Bloody newb I am). hehehe

Anyway, With new tables being developed all the time and pinball games being lots of fun, especially
on a handheld, some clever bugger might take up the challenge.

Thanks for your interest

:)

Back