Voobly under WINE

AnimatedFreak

Very Active Member
Hello. 

I wasn't sure where to putt this topic. 
I know their are a lot of Linux user and old school PC gamers here so maybe someone can help me, so I thought I would ask. 

I've been using Linux for a while and played most of my old Windows games using WINE. One of those is Age of Mytology (awesome game)
A lot of people are still playing this game online. Using the software Voobly. So I would love to get it to work under WINE so I can play online again. 
I've had gotten it to boot, login and even gotten to the lobby of the game so everything works, but Voobly will not detect that I have the version 1.10 of the game. (version 1.03 for the Titans expansion but non of them are being detected) So I am so close but can't get into a game. 

I know some people have manage to get it to work with other games like Age of Empire http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1274/ 
But I found nothing on Age of Mytology. I was just checking to see if anyone on this website has gotten it to work or have any tips on things and Winetricks that might work. 
It seams like Voobly is not detecting because of some security reason that i need to disable. Just a guess. 

Edit: Almost forgot! I have tried the software Gameranger that does the same thing as voobly. And it works better as the game does boot however it doesn't want to start any game and I have yet to get into a game even if I am hosting or not. I need to get a friend to test it with more maybe. 

Last edited by a moderator:
did you take a look over at winhq game database? If anyone has attempted this thats the best place to look.
yes of course. People have done it with other games. Seams like AoM is the one that still does not work :p

Back