Vulcan Flipstart (UMPC)

Nintendo

Nintendo Switch
I know there are already a few very old thread topics about the Vulcan FlipStart (launched late 2007) floating around, but I thought I'd make a brand new one to ask people a few questions regarding it :)

Does anyone here own of of these?

Also, where can I buy one of these...don't think anyone wants to sell theirs? :(

The FlipStart has a folding 5.9-inch screen with 1024×700 resolution, a 30GB hard drive, built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and batteries capable of running one to three on a charge with extended battery life offering up to four hours.[4] The CPU is a Pentium M ULV processor running at 1.1 GHz, and it has a non-expandable memory of 512MiB.[5] The chipset is the Intel GMA915.[3] A VGA resolution (640 x 480) camera is built in below the screen. The FlipStart also has built in speakers and a microphone.[5]

The devices run the Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems and as such can run standard PC applications such as Microsoft Office.[2] It also has a small secondary color display in the lid similar to, but not, Windows SideShow. This is only compatible with Office/Outlook 2003 currently. Its small QWERTY keyboard has backlit buttons, and additional input devices are provided in the form of a trackpad and thumbstick located above the keyboard, a scrollwheel and media navigation buttons on the right side of the unit.[6]

Expansion is possible via a dock connector which connects to a port replicator, offering two USB ports (blocking the single port on the unit), VGA, audio, AC power and Ethernet. A sliding cover on the lid provides access to a "snap on" expansion system. There is one expansion option provided for this, a 3.2Mp (5Mp marketed) add-on camera. The expansion cover also provides access to the built in SIM socket.

Back