Wait What?

So Craig is now on a treasure hunt?

UPS is shit. One time they hid my package in my neighbor's bush. It took me days to find it, as there was already a bunch of junk in there so it was hard to see my package.

Nupfi said:
So... just how many boards have been shipped exactly?
Well I think the shipment as a whole should contain the first 700(Might be 800ish to include the first 100 burn-in test boards?) boards and all the other bits that the board factory would have used to assemble them, if they were still doing that. So, 4000+ LCDs, 8000+ Nubs and boards.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi this is UPS we heard that you have fraudulently claimed to have not gotten your packages in the past and we don't do business withose kinds of people.... what's your order #?

aliking said:
Nupfi said:
Well I think the shipment as a whole should contain the first 700(Might be 800ish to include the first 100 burn-in test boards?) boards and all the other bits that the board factory would have used to assemble them, if they were still doing that. So, 4000+ LCDs, 8000+ Nubs and boards.

Thanky!
Wow, now all that's left are 3200 boards and 4000 cases right?

And the 800 (or 700) already-shipped boards will be modded with the WiFi-fix ? Right? :D

Poem58 said:
I read it as, Craig looked online for a status update, saw it marked "Delivered" freaked out as it wasn't in his possession.
And thus we see how twitter has failed as an update method: one line can be interpreted in three different ways, none of which is actually the truth :p

But no, I'm glad everything has worked out for the best, despite UPS incompetence. I hope Craig doesn't have an aneurysm when he calls UPS to figure out what they were thinking.

I've been predictaing awhile; volcano hits == huge backlog; its hard for them to store stuff, all over the place.. and logistics of finding it again. And if they're rushing around, dropping stuff in random parking lots.. we cna be certain some level of UPS controlled stuff is going to be lost, and they're just going to write it off on insurance or something. Lets just hope its not our stuff!

Hopefully craig can find it all.. if this is all the one big shipment, omg. Hope its all there..

Hope Craig has a itemized list of oxes and whats in each, so he can figure out what he got, whats missing, etc :p

And if something gets lost.. how much pain/tim eis it to get replaced; its not like it would fast or easy to get UPS to pay up for losses, during this backlog.. months/years to get $$, so how could OP pay to rebuild somethign in the mean time?

So lets hope nightmare scenario doesn't occur :)

jeff

Its like a Pandora soap opera where the drama keeps on coming. <cheesy soap music>When will the cases get here!? Will Craig strangle the UPS man!? Do the Pandoras ever get shipped!? Find out next week on THE FORUM!</cheesy soap music> :eek:

A few years ago my mom went out to a radio shack and wanted to buy phantom hour glass as my Christmas present.The game wasn't in stock at the store so they ordered it for her. A week later fed ex is supposed to deliver the package. They say they left it at the door but its not there. We don't find it until a week or two later when we are shoveling snow. The stupid fed ex guy put the package five feet away from the door in winter. It was in a pile of snow. Lucky for me, I got my present early and the game wasn't damaged at all. Only cold. All delivery companies hire stupid employees. There have also been times when the mail man leaves a magazine sticking out of the mailbox and it rains later that day. Had a few magazines damaged that way.

craigix said:
Here is what happened this morning:

**SNIP**

I take the boards and drive home.

Now I'm chasing up the REST of that delivery....

PS I just realised the old guy had no way of knowing who I was - I could have been anyone.

PPS no - it didn't rain today, although it looks like it might now.

Wow just wow that UPS dumped them like that after all the hoops you've had to jump through to get here Craig.

Fuckers! :angry:

Nupfi said:
aliking said:
Nupfi said:

Thanky!
Wow, now all that's left are 3200 boards and 4000 cases right?

And the 800 (or 700) already-shipped boards will be modded with the WiFi-fix ? Right? :D
1000 cases at first for final final review. And then the other 10000 cases. But yeah, if Craig's earlier posts are right they should have the STUFF to build 700 or 800 Pandoras next week.

The boards, yeah all the currently made boards will need to be modded once they arrive. The rest will just have the right resistor applied during manufacture. I don't think we've heard if that process has started yet, but theoretically the board factory will send over ~500 boards(or was it 1000) at a time as they are finished and tested.

@aliking

Thanks for clearing everything up. :)
I totally forgot about those 1000 "green light" cases... I hope they're going to arrive soon and that everything's gonna be ok...

cosurgi said:
So, what's up with the cases? Lost in another parking lot or not sent?

UPS told us it needs a while until they will pick up it (probably next week). Guess they're busy delivering as fast as they can and delay the pickings a bit.

Last edited:
omg teh stickers!!! hope none were scathed... still UPS are dicks but who else are you going to use. royal mail are almost twice as retarded.

If craig has everything, then nothing will come of it; UPS will say 'well, you got your stuff, right?'

It would get "interesting" (for some uses of the word :) if craig didn't get everything (or claimed not to have gotten everything.)

jeff

The GP332 I ordered from craigix way back was left on my neighbour's porch for a couple of days before I found it. I knew the delivery guy had forged a receipt signature because my neighbours were on vacation.

Back