Waiting For My Gp32

worldwriter

Grumpy
Website
Visit site
Waiting for my gp32 Journal
--------------------------------
Entry 1 - gp32 is in the mail

I have recieved word my gp32 is in the mail and I am now left to my own devises to entertain myself while I wait for my gaming goodness to be delivered.

I have decided to train a group of local homeless people to build a pirate ship and be my loyal crew. I realize I am 300 years too late for this venture but I have some time on my hands and its not like the homeless guys are doing anything else.

I have eyed a rather unsavory character I will ask to be my first mate as he looks like he could beat up any of the other homeless guys if things don't go well.

I parked my car on top of him this afternoon and asked a few questions about his past but all I could really gather from him was that this was the first time he had been run over by an automobile. I disembarked after dropping some change on the ground and thanking him for his time. he mumbled something about not being able to feel his arms

I will attempt to recruit him again tomorrow.

After the interview with my first mate I went to the local park land in the center of the city to select a good construction site for the ship I will have my crew build. I found a nice old growth section in the woods that is close enough to the water yet far enough from the boardwalk to make things run smoothly with little notice from the general public.

I grow tired now and thoughts of my approaching gp32 fill my head so I will now take my leave and prepare for my interview with my construction crew tomorrow.

Entry 2 - day 1

The local authorities seem to be canvasing the area looking for who parked their car on the unsavory character this afternoon. I of course played it cool and told them my mother has a certain fascination with playing tag with her car. They are now interrogating her. Disaster delayed.

Years of playing scumm games has taught me it is important to pick up every item you come across to complete an adventure. My home is quickly filling with stray cats, blown leaves, trash and broken syringes... all of which will be of good use I'm sure.

Years of playing scumm games has taught me it is important to pick up every item you come across to complete an adventure. My home is quickly filling with stray cats, blown leaves, trash and broken syringes... all of which will be of good use I'm sure.

ignore all red herrings past their 'use by' date... ;) also make sure you collect *all* fluff...

Last edited by a moderator:
In those types of games, stockpiling weapons and ammo are good... but in real life, you're branded a cult and the FBI seiges your house and tries to wait you out.

Day 2 Entry 1
----------------

My mother may not be home for a while as the police have reason to believe my story about her playing tag with her car... woops.

I have discovered that not only is it impossible to pick up a gas powered generator, it will most certainly not fit in your pocket. The car was impounded so I had to walk to my interview with the unsavory character.

The meeting was a very productive one and the unsavory character, (who's name happens to be Lou) agreed that it would be a far more lucrative arrangement to be helping me rather than having me pop out from around random corners with baseball bats bashing random sections of Lou.

With Lou's assistance I had no problem rounding up a group of "men of low moral fibre" and construction begins tomorrow.

I apparently am paying them on a daily basis with something known as booze. I assume this is similar to grog so I will make a batch tonight as long as I can get to the library in time and prove to the librarian I am old enough to have a library card. (The library has a book on brewing grog)

I have decided maybe not everything I'm picking up will be of use as I do not seem to have an unlimited inventory and I can not seem to get in my house for all the piles of items inside.

As i sleep in the bushes tonight I will dream of my gp32 in the mail.

I don't think there's been any new development on these machines for some time, which is a shame and a catch 22 - No new games=no users. No users=no games.

:(

I don't have the time nowadays for developing as I used to, but these handhelds are definitely some of my fave machines.

I think iOS and Android have strangled this market pretty much.

I still stop by once in a blue moon. I'm still on the lookout for these units when they come up on Ebay and such. I just recently picked up a FLU and a bricked F200. The only one I'm missing for a complete collection is a BLU+ (and ED's green GP32 of course...) but I've never seen one for sale anywhere so that will probably never happen. :( 

BTW, does anyone know how to use a cradle to unbrick a unit? I know it has JTAG capabilities but other than that I pretty much know nothing when it comes to unbricking these things.

Orion4874 said:
BTW, does anyone know how to use a cradle to unbrick a unit? I know it has JTAG capabilities but other than that I pretty much know nothing when it comes to unbricking these things.
I found this GP2X unbricking guide by DJWillis a while back. Some of the comments there might be helpful too. Good luck!

Back