Wanted: Cradle/bob - Uk Or Europe...

foft

Certified Guru
Website
www.scrameta.net
Any got a cradle/BOB they'd like to sell me 2nd hand? I'd like to add keyboard/joystick/tvout support to Atari800, but don't think its worth getting a new one since I don't think I'll use it much myself...

Thanks,

Mark

foft said:
Any got a cradle/BOB they'd like to sell me 2nd hand? I'd like to add keyboard/joystick/tvout support to Atari800, but don't think its worth getting a new one since I don't think I'll use it much myself...

Thanks,

Mark
I've made a few tweaks to Atari800 recently and compiled my own version. One of the minor tweaks I've made is to wrap around in the menus instead of stopping at the bottom or top.
Also, the d-pad fixes work great in the code I used as diagonals didn't work in v1.0 with the DaveC mod installed.

The emulator is pretty good as-is though I was also thinking of adding TV-out and joystick support.
4 player support for some of the Atari 800 classics such as Asteroids and Mule would be awesome. Possible worth it for MULE alone?

I have a cradle/BOB and access to some USB joysticks so I would be happy to test things out and perhaps even help develop some code?

The only other thing that would be useful would be touchscreen support for the built in keyboard.
Perhaps this could be jazzed up a bit too using a nice bitmap like the PokeyDS on NDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
slaanesh said:
I've made a few tweaks to Atari800 recently and compiled my own version. One of the minor tweaks I've made is to wrap around in the menus instead of stopping at the bottom or top.
Also, the d-pad fixes work great in the code I used as diagonals didn't work in v1.0 with the DaveC mod installed.
If you send me a diff (or the files) of the tweaks I can merge them...

The emulator is pretty good as-is though I was also thinking of adding TV-out and joystick support.
4 player support for some of the Atari 800 classics such as Asteroids and Mule would be awesome. Possible worth it for MULE alone?

Yes multiplayer support would be cool. A nice game of Megablast without having to dig out the real 8-bit. I never had MULE on the real thing so not got into that...

I have a cradle/BOB and access to some USB joysticks so I would be happy to test things out and perhaps even help develop some code?

Sure. If I get a BOB of course:) I don't think anyone is going to sell me one so its just whether I feel like spending 50 quid on one... If I don't you can always add USB/TVout support and release it of course.

The only other thing that would be useful would be touchscreen support for the built in keyboard.
Perhaps this could be jazzed up a bit too using a nice bitmap like the PokeyDS on NDS.

Yes I'd quite like a picture. Preferably transparent so you can see what is going on behind too, since we don't have the luxury of two screens. While I'm doing pictures I should put a decent version of the startup picture on - the one on the GP2X was tweaked for the GP32 screen from the original...

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I gave in and ordered a Cradle.

Now wonder how this will work with my MK1. I found some notes on having to connect up a few extra power wires, but not sure if those were just for the developers BOB. I've got a 6VA PSU sitting around which I hope is enough (can't really take 3A@3V can it if it can be powered from the GP2X?!).

Mark

Back