Wario's Woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo12

Retrofuturist
Website
Visit site
Wario's Woods is a puzzle game for the NES (I believe that it was also the last one) It was released on the SNES but i am doing the review on the NES version. To play the game you must clear each level by linking two "monsters" with a bomb.

-Graphics- (8/10)
The graphics on this game are pretty good concitering that it is only an 8-bit system. The graphics are colorful and fairly detailed. This makes the game all the more pleasurable.

-Sound- (7/10)
The music in this game is the average "beepy" sound that comes from the NES. There actually is a song that plays bt i usually play with the sound off anyway. There isnt too much other sound effects in the game but it doesnt really effect the gameplay.

-Gameplay- (10/10)
The game itself is very good. You can play in the traditional A game which is just level after level, or play in B game where there is "boss" at the end of 10 levels or so. There is also time trial mode where you can try to clear a certain amount of levels as fast as you can. In the regular game you still have to rely on speed because after a while Wario comes and throws monsters at you faster. The faster you clear a level the more coins you can get at the end of the level. After 30 coins you get an extra life. All of the game modes are really fun.

-Addictivness- (10/10)
This game is not only fun but it is addictive, you just keep playing. The levels are also reletively short and easy (until about level 30) so you can keep playing for a long time. I remeber that i used to play it so much that my eyes would hurt. :lol:

-OVERALL- (10/10)

This is an amazing fun and addictive game that can last for a long time. in my oppinion it is the best NES game ever. Below are some screens:

wwoods_2.gif

wariobig.gif

wwoods_1.gif

geo12 posted on May 7 2004 at 01:00 AM said:
Wario's Woods is a puzzle game for the NES (I believe that it was also the last one)
Yea you're right. Gotta love all the cutsey games on the NES. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It turns me on that this game was released in 1994, the year the Saturn and PlayStation came out... I'm in love with new games for older consoles... and this one is also official as well. =)

It turns me on that this game was released in 1994, the year the Saturn and PlayStation came out... I'm in love with new games for older consoles... and this one is also official as well. =)
It's a rather interesting fact, but i thinks it's kinda wierd that ure getting turned on
lol yup
I'm amazed it was out that late though! :eek:
EDIT: I like this game because it's a nice concept etc..
But it's actually a very good puzzle game as well. The story that goes along with it is also enjoyable. If you like this game go for crush roller on the neo geo pocket, a nice change on an old arcade version. Go for it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back