Warranty With Gp2x

NickLoTurco

Website
www.hitthesport.com
Now that I've discovered my unit is defective, I need to send it back to Play-asia.com. I'm worried about my free warranty though as I've already clipped off the rubber cap on the bottom in order in get it into the cradle. It's well documented that it's the only way it'll fit. Will they hold this against me when deciding whether to replace the unit or not? What I'm asking is, does this make the warranty void?!

NickLoTurco said:
Now that I've discovered my unit is defective, I need to send it back to Play-asia.com. I'm worried about my free warranty though as I've already clipped off the rubber cap on the bottom in order in get it into the cradle. It's well documented that it's the only way it'll fit. Will they hold this against me when deciding whether to replace the unit or not? What I'm asking is, does this make the warranty void?!
i wouldnt think that it would void the warranty as its not connected to the reason its fault

maybe someone else whos had to send it back will know more but as far as i could see it shouldnt void the warrenty

Last edited by a moderator:
Should be fine, just make sure to include the rubber cap so they can't say you've not returned all the parts.

I'm hoping I get a new replacement fairly quickly, it says on the site that they have them in stock, I've read on here somewhere that the last batch ran out. Fingers crossed I'm gaming again within a couple of weeks!

What was the problem if you don't mind me asking? Was it the issue you posted previously regarding it not reading your SDHC card?

Yeah, sent my old one back, bought an Integral 8gb from memorybits.co.uk.........this was was boxed, branded and everything, proper, and still it didn't work. When I go into the Games option in the menu, all I see are two folders, the blank one at the top and a sub-directory called 'game'. I reckon upgrading the FW to 4.0.0 might have naffed up the internal card reader. Whatever it is it's going back, hopefully the exchange goes smoothly, surely Play-asia will have to pay the postage for the replacement to get to me?

Seems to be a trend for ppl upgrading to FW 4.0 .... But if its a F200, it should of came with 4.0 ... I heard that 4.0 was for only the F200's ... and not the F100's...... ?

You didn't really "upgrade" the FW, as that was the same FW to begin with. There is currently only one FW (4.0) for the F-200.

Downgrading an F-200 to an older FW will just likely brick it; same goes to upgrading an F-100 to v4.0. They are not compatible with each other.

God you guys are pedantic! It was just an update on the current FW, slight changes. So this has happened before has it, changing FW knackering up the card reader?

For the record, I have an F-200..........won't be touching any FW updates from now on!

Sorry, that is how I am. :p

Anyway, good luck with the replacement. :D

NickLoTurco said:
God you guys are pedantic! It was just an update on the current FW, slight changes. So this has happened before has it, changing FW knackering up the card reader?

For the record, I have an F-200..........won't be touching any FW updates from now on!
I think the point was that the F200 ships WITH v4.0 firmware. Look at the info section on the GP2X when you get it. Why did you update to 4.0 when you had 4.0? Or did you downgrade to an earlier firmware and then update to 4.0 again? I am just not understanding here...ahh well.

NickLoTurco said:
So this has happened before has it, changing FW knackering up the card reader?
It can 'disappear', sure. You can usually get it back however by logging into the console and recreating the necessary directories. Takes about 5 mins :)

Yes, if Play-asia test the device as being faulty, they'll pay for the postage back to you. However, you might get stung for import duty/tax/etc both ways (even if you paid or not for them before) unless you enclosed the relevant customs form for sending back faulty items. (unless of course your in Asia or somewhere else where you don't have to pay them).

It can 'disappear', sure. You can usually get it back however by logging into the console and recreating the necessary directories. Takes about 5 mins :)

How is this done, without getting too technical!?!

Back