Gp2x Doesn't Fit The Cradle

heathengray

Still Fresh
Hi all,

The title and Description pretty much say it. I've removed the rubber cap at the bottom of my GP2X but it just won't fit into the cradle.

I think something must be mis-shaped or something.

Has anybody else had this issue?

I don't know what to do - the GP2X just wont sit snuggly and seems to balance on the connector of the cradle.

Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn't find any related topics in the search.

Thanks

quasist said:
Could you show photo-version of your problem?
I don't think I can - because of the cradles design I can't exactly see where it's not fitting.

I'm fairly certain its the raised rectangle of the cradles connector or the connector itself that's forcing it out. I think it might be too wide for the ext recess of the GP2X.

I could always file it down some what, but I'd like to hear what other, more experienced folk have to say first. If it's worth just returning for another one, then so be it.

Thanks for the quick reply :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe you aren't pushing it down hard enough, use some force. If that doesn't, put some pressure on the opposite direction to where you think the input bit is resting while pushing down, if you get what I mean.

sssgo8.png

Crude drawing of what i'm talking about...

Nova said:
Maybe you aren't pushing it down hard enough, use some force. If that doesn't, put some pressure on the opposite direction to where you think the input bit is resting while pushing down, if you get what I mean.

sssgo8.png

Crude drawing of what i'm talking about...

My Gods... this being the internet I thought that was a drawing of something else then.

I get what you mean and suspect it might be mis-aligned.

It's a shame they chose that particular design because it obscures the view.

I'll keep trying to get it in ;)

Sphinxter said:
I can get mine in *with* the rubber plug attached by turning it 90 degrees folding it up the back of the case and carefully smashing it a bit, rather snug but it fits.
Sounds drastic - but I'm sure the GP2X can handle a little "smashing"

Will give it a go when I get home :)

Somehow, my MK1 fits perfectly to the cradle. It won't move or "balance" unless you pull it up from the cradle, perfect fit. However, my MK2 (which I sold) did feel like a little loose ("balancing on the ext connector square whatever)

Thanks for all the help guys, I've tried all your suggestions. Mainly of the 'Smash' and 'Force' variety, But it very much appreciated.

I'm just gonna send the bloody thing back, and get a replacement. It may be my GP2X is malformed - though I never opened it in anyway and the only modification I did was replace the gp2x thumb cap to the rounded one :)

Will find out soon, though.

Cheers

heathengray said:
Thanks for all the help guys, I've tried all your suggestions. Mainly of the 'Smash' and 'Force' variety, But it very much appreciated.

I'm just gonna send the bloody thing back, and get a replacement. It may be my GP2X is malformed - though I never opened it in anyway and the only modification I did was replace the gp2x thumb cap to the rounded one :)

Cheers
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Cradle, it works, right?
I don't think it will help to get a new one.

Miika said:
heathengray said:

Cheers
I don't think there is anything wrong with the Cradle, it works, right?
I don't think it will help to get a new one.

I haven't tested the actual cradle - The GP2X doesn't seem to be sitting down in it so much that the ext M/F connectors touch.

If it works and is loose in the cradle, that would be some bad design.

Miika said:
Oh, so it's that bad. My MK2 could move maybe 1mm (it worked)

Yup.. a little wobble is expected. But if you can tip it over and it slides right out - it means it wasn't in to begin with :(

Back