Cradle Vs Gp2x Mk2

cappuchok

Website
Visit site
I've discovered that it's impossible to fit my GP2X MK2 onto the cradle on account of the connector on the cradle being placed ~1mm too close to the front. Since there isn't enough room in the cradle "support" to allow any movement of the GP2X, the devices can't connect.

There has got to be some sort of solution for this, and I can see that the plastic block in which the cradle's connector is mounted should be possible to move the required distance backwards without modifying the plastic, but I can't figure out how to open the cradle (there are just the three screws, right?).

EDIT: Found a video showing exactly the same problem I'm having. If anyone recognizes this and have solved it, please help...

Last edited by a moderator:
The solution was to attack the cradle with screwdriver and release cradle's plug from prison of the plastic.

I've managed to open the cradle and found the problem. It seems the ferrite bead and the cables are pushing on the connector when the cradle is closed, because once I opened the cradle and separated the lid from the base by a short distance, the GP2X would attach flawlessly. Closed the cradle again and the GP2X would not attach for the same reason as before (it just rested on top of the connector).
I have yet to devise a permanent solution but for now I opened the cradle, attached the GP2X and closed the cradle with the GP2X still attached. It remains to be seen if the connector will stay properly aligned once I remove the GP2X...
Oh well, at least it's progress. :)

Mine fit perfectly. Are you guys bought your cradles from gp2x.co.uk?

That pervent Craig should made that things to his cradles.

that video was from this thread:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...38304&st=15

not much in the thread that will help you though.

they were probably made to sloppy tolerances, with some being too tight or loose or whatever. i know it's nervewracking to disassemble something you just paid a lot for, but i think your best bet is to take it apart and see exactly what the problem is, maybe there's some plastic that can be filed away or bent or something.

i hate those little high density pin connectors, they're so easy to mangle :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back