Warranty

jabz

Just wondering about the 12 month warranty. How are OPT tracking these for the users who are receiving their Pandora's given that payment may have been made 2years ago? When does the warranty come into affect, as soon as you receive and open the package?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wondering about the 12 month warranty. How are OPT tracking these for the users who are receiving their Pandora's given that payment may have been made 2years ago? When does the warranty come into affect, as soon as you receive and open the package?

Yes.

Personally....

I think the 1 year warrenty is EXTREMELY Generous.

Most devices I have, with a few exceptions... give only 30 days and 60 days warrenty coverage.

OPT really back their handy work and craftsmanship!!

I thank you for that.

It's also the case that in the UK I think it is law that you have to give a 12 month warranty.

What?! You mean the UK doesn't worship the same corporate overlords as does the US? OMG! :D

Christopher.
No, we in the UK are forced by our Government (this government, the one before that and most likely the next one too) to worship the EU overlords.

we compensate with the tax overlords, 20% base income + NI + council tax + vat(~20%) + etc + etc

so all in all we only get half our money
20% base income. Wow. Sounds really nice.

The Dutch government is discussing lowering the (income dependent) taxes to 30, 40 en 50 percent (they currently are 33, 42 and 52).

we compensate with the tax overlords, 20% base income + NI + council tax + vat(~20%) + etc + etc

so all in all we only get half our money
20% base income. Wow. Sounds really nice.

The Dutch government is discussing lowering the (income dependent) taxes to 30, 40 en 50 percent (they currently are 33, 42 and 52).
However, the Dutch government provides a lot more services than the British, and especially US governments.

here in the states they take 1/3rd of our money and we still have to provide our own healthcare. fees for medical care go largely unregulated. no one i know gets medical care unless its serious. preventative medical care is for the rich.

It's also the case that in the UK I think it is law that you have to give a 12 month warranty.
If it breaks within the first 6 months, it is the manufacturer's responsibility to prove that you didn't break it: ie, assume it was faulty to begin with unless manufacturer proves otherwise.

After 6 months to a "reasonable length of time" it is the users responsibility to prove that it was faulty to begin with: ie, assume the user broke it unless user can prove otherwise.

The 12 months of basically no-questions-asked (within reason, I'm sure) warranty that OPT is giving is extremely generous even by UK standards.

Back