Wasteland 2

I'm considering making a backing just so I can add to the comments of Linux enthusiasts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if "port to Mac OS" is on your radar, a few design decisions in advance of actual development will save you a HUGE headache later when you port it to Mac, and should similarly make it relatively easy to port to Linux. It's one thing to write the game one way and then decide to port it later, but if you're already thinking about porting it in the future make the choices to help with that NOW before you need half a million dollars to rewrite huge swaths of code.

Big Fallout 1-2 fan.. I'm a backer. It does note that if they reach $1.5m they will make OSX & Linux ports. IMO It's just a gig to lure for more backers in time of need. All though I don't see the point in waiting with supported platforms.

I didn't see the 1.5Million$ comment. But that's just for OS/X not Linux as taken from the FAQ ? What about Linux?

We love Linux and have great respect for the Linux community. We are currently evaluating several engines for use in Wasteland 2 and we can't make a 100% commitment to the Linux version just yet. Just know that we will do everything we can to make it possible, and as soon as we know for sure that we can do it we will make another announcement.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm considering making a backing just so I can add to the comments of Linux enthusiasts. I've said it before and I'll say it again, if "port to Mac OS" is on your radar, a few design decisions in advance of actual development will save you a HUGE headache later when you port it to Mac, and should similarly make it relatively easy to port to Linux. It's one thing to write the game one way and then decide to port it later, but if you're already thinking about porting it in the future make the choices to help with that NOW before you need half a million dollars to rewrite huge swaths of code.

I didn't see the 1.5Million$ comment. But that's just for OS/X not Linux as taken from the FAQ ? What about Linux?

We love Linux and have great respect for the Linux community. We are currently evaluating several engines for use in Wasteland 2 and we can't make a 100% commitment to the Linux version just yet. Just know that we will do everything we can to make it possible, and as soon as we know for sure that we can do it we will make another announcement.

https://twitter.com/...081678109245441

https://twitter.com/#!/BrianFargoBrian Fargo‏ @BrianFargo

https://twitter.com/#!/BrianFargo

#

Linux

users. We've heard your requests, and will include a Linux version (in addition to more content) at $1.5 million in pledges.

Hooray! At this point the $1.5 million is no doubt just a ploy to try and get more money, and I don't begrudge them that. The more starting capital they have the better. :D

Over $1million now. :D

I've got full confidence they'll hit another half in less than 30 days. :p

A cool thing one RPG board made - a collective donation to make a statue of their boards mascot in the game.

Should we raise funds to get Pandora in the game? It's $1000 for becoming an NPC or having weapon named after you, would be cool to see my favorite handheld in my sure to become favorite game.

Couldn't contribute too much here, though. Pledged all I could to a couple of projects there.

Edit. Oh, damn, $1000 tiers are all sold out. :( The next is $2500

Don't bother. The Pandora name exists in pretty much every category under the sun; they're bound to name something "Pandora" whether or not you give them any money.

From the latest update

I am going to suggest that all of us that do utilize this form of financing agree to kickback 5% of our profits made from such projects to other Kickstarter developers
*snip*

I am tentatively calling this "Kick It Forward" and I will be the first to agree to it.
This tickles my brain in happy places.

Directors cut for linux! Looks mostly good!
Maybe dis gets me back into gaming? Let's find out...

Yeh hope firefox can resume that download...

Character Quirks: "Way of the Squeezins" - addicted to snake squeezins - snake venom. Yes, a game with dark humour - thanks be!

"This boxcar has been violated in every way it is possible to violate a boxcar."

haha

... director's Cut and Unity 5 engine really take the gfx to the next level, imo!

LoL @character creation Quirks :D
sD4c.png

Last edited:
Back