Beta Wbar

mcobit

Advanced Member
Here is a port of wbar, a very fast and small applauncher.
http://code.google.com/p/wbar/

12pJYl.jpg

Get the pnd here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,8,338

To add launchers do the following:

Start wbar from accessories/Warlock Bar
On the right should be the bar with only two icons in it.
Klick on the top one, so this will open the configuration dialog.
Now you can click on "New" to create a new launcher.
You should give it a title.
If you want to start PNDs with it you have to write the following into the Command field:
Code:
pnd_run /media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/menu|apps|desktop/YOURPND.pnd
As an icon you can select one from /tmp/iconcache as there are all the icons of your PNDs stored.
Click on Accept when you are finished and then on "Reload" to apply the changes to the bar.
Then close the configuration window. You can also reload the bar by rightclicking on it.

Have a lot of fun!

At some point I added to pnd_run that it could take a app-num argument; if your pnd-file has multiple applications in it, you may need to specify the subapp number.

If you're in minimenu, the details panel will show ("App #1") or whatever app number it is, so you can find out without digging around.

If the subapp you want is the first, you don't need to specify.. pnd_run will run the first app; but you can specify -1, -2, -3, etc, to run that subapp number.

I forget if thats in HF4 or HF5 though...

jeff

This is great, thanks! It looks so much better than the pic in the OP suggests (think minimal with transparency). [edit] Picture in OP looking much better now. ^_^

With the right customisations it could be very finger friendly. I've got some tweaking and screenshotting to do.

One little bugbear; when you click to select an icon for a new item, it opens /mnt/tmp/wbar/share. It should take you to the XFCE icon library (wherever that is). Scratch that, I decided to read the OP in full. >.<

Gruso said:
This is great, thanks! It looks so much better than the pic in the OP suggests (think minimal with transparency). With the right customisations it could be very finger friendly. I've got some tweaking and screenshotting to do.

One little bugbear; when you click to select an icon for a new item, it opens /mnt/tmp/wbar/share. It should take you to the XFCE icon library (wherever that is). Scratch that, I decided to read the OP in full. >.<

Thanks, would be great to have an actual screenshot of the bar in the description here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gruso said:
I've got some tweaking and screenshotting to do.
Would be good to have an actual pandorascreenshot in this topic.

Skeezix: Thanks for pointing that out!

That looks good, better, if the mouse was over the bar to show the zoomeffect ;)

This is really great and I'd like to move over to using it as my standard interface. Haven't figured out how to add sub-folders yet, though .. if I can do that I'll make a script that automatically builds panel config files for the existing stuff on xfce-panel ..

getting a bug where the previous open window stays as a background graphic in wbar?

also ho to start wbar when booting? tried the Session and startup way but that first brings up the wbar configuration program?

cheers

peelie said:
getting a bug where the previous open window stays as a background graphic in wbar?

also ho to start wbar when booting? tried the Session and startup way but that first brings up the wbar configuration program?

cheers

The configurationwindow stays partly on the bar, when you close it. just rightclick on it, when nothing is over it. Then it will go away :)

mcobit said:
peelie said:

cheers

I was just going to say the same thing...
to answer your other question...

When you go to add a new entry in the Session and Startup, type this in the Command section...

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd__run.sh -p "/media/(ENTER THE ADDRESS TO THE PND PROGRAM HERE)" -e "scripts/wab.sh" -b "wbar"

Eisner said:
mcobit said:
peelie said:

cheers

I was just going to say the same thing...
to answer your other question...

When you go to add a new entry in the Session and Startup, type this in the Command section...

/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd__run.sh -p "/media/(ENTER THE ADDRESS TO THE PND PROGRAM HERE)" -e "scripts/wab.sh" -b "wbar"

hi tried what you suggested but it is not even launching the config program now?

thanks

edit/

the path should have a // so best way is to use thunar, navigate to usr/share/applications look for warlockbar app, right click properties then click on launcher tab then ctrl copy that path.

ctrl paste into Session and startup

edit2/

hmm even simpler is to add -1 flag to pnd_run! so pnd_run -1 /media/path-to-wbar.pnd

Liking this a lot, got a couple of questions regarding things I'm trying to add.

SD Mass storage mounter:

Because I'm running wbar from the SD card it can be mounted for use via USB on another computer. Does anyone now how to edit the op_storage.sh script in order to have it kill wbar when I press ok, and have it re-run wbar when I press ok button to say I've finished with USB mount mode? I'm fine with scripting just don't know how the gui elements work.

Power off/Log out:

What do I need to point at to replicate pressing "Log Out" on the Xfce menu? I want it to still bring up the "log out, restart, shutdown" box, rather than just poweroff.

Thanks

Back