Wbar disappeared and I can't relaunch it.

TheGrandPubaa

Website
www.vgtheory.com
I was setting up Wbar last night and messing with the preferences and effects and whatnot, and around about the point at which I tried adjusting "Border offset" to see what it did, the bar vanished. What's weirder, i've since turned it off(along with turning off a few other preferences just in case) and reloaded and Wbar refuses to open at all now. The configuration app works perfect, but the bar itself just won't open. I've tried launching it and then holding down the Pandora key to see a list of running applications, and it doesn't show up there.

Is there a configuration file I can trash to get it to work again? I tried looking for it in /appdata/wbar, but the only file in there - inside the subfolder gtk-2.0, a file called gtkfilechooser.ini - doesn't seem to have had any effect at all when I renamed it .bak. Any ideas?

I was setting up Wbar last night and messing with the preferences and effects and whatnot, and around about the point at which I tried adjusting "Border offset" to see what it did, the bar vanished. What's weirder, i've since turned it off(along with turning off a few other preferences just in case) and reloaded and Wbar refuses to open at all now. The configuration app works perfect, but the bar itself just won't open. I've tried launching it and then holding down the Pandora key to see a list of running applications, and it doesn't show up there.

Is there a configuration file I can trash to get it to work again? I tried looking for it in /appdata/wbar, but the only file in there - inside the subfolder gtk-2.0, a file called gtkfilechooser.ini - doesn't seem to have had any effect at all when I renamed it .bak. Any ideas?

have you tried deleting the wbar folder in appdata? should sort it out course meqns reentering info!

The configurationfile is a hidden file, did you check "show hidden files" in thunar?

A simple restart could solve this also.

Last edited by a moderator:
The configurationfile is a hidden file, did you check "show hidden files" in thunar?

A simple restart could solve this also.
Ah, hidden file. Right. Should have considered that. I did actually restart a few times and it still refuses to launch, hence my frustration. I'll try finding the hidden folder and go from there, thanks.

Edit- Naturally, that worked. Not sure exactly why it disappeared in the first place, but it's up and running again and I was able to copy over my existing app entries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back