We Live In Exciting Times:

Vimacs posted on Oct 1 2004 at 10:56 PM said:
Quiest posted on Oct 1 2004 at 11:30 PM said:
2. intendo DS and 3. GBA SP!!!
are you blind?

You don`t have to be blind to like these designs :D
The GBA SP looks very stylish in black and silver!

Last edited by a moderator:
The DS is ok but not that great styling wise. It is clunky and kind of looks toyish. The PSP is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAr better looking, much more "sexy" with that huge sleek widescreen, and lucite buttons.

Ernest posted on Oct 1 2004 at 06:27 PM said:
aapje89 posted on Oct 1 2004 at 06:16 PM said:
Quiest posted on Oct 1 2004 at 07:21 PM said:
What? The DS not stylish???
Its one of the most stylish handhelds I`ve ever seen!!!

It`s a nice mix of modern & retro look!

I think even the gp32 looks better than the DS
The latest picies they've released looked quite tasty, i think it looks better than the PSP in my opinion.

Are you blind !! oh wait, I just saw your Avatar. You are just a Nintendo fanboi. PSP looks much nicer. It just has a more classy quality look to it.

DaveC posted on Oct 1 2004 at 11:16 PM said:
Ernest posted on Oct 1 2004 at 06:27 PM said:
The latest picies they've released looked quite tasty, i think it looks better than the PSP in my opinion.

Are you blind !! oh wait, I just saw your Avatar. You are just a Nintendo fanboi. PSP looks much nicer. It just has a more classy quality look to it.
Or perhaps he just has a different opinion to you?

I must agree that the PSP looks also very good.

But the design of the DS is in no way toyish or childish or something like that, the gp32 looks much more toyish, as its design look alot like the normal gba...

Uuuuuh yes,... or better... no. Microsoft should stay away from the console/handheld sector, or can you tell me of one great game they made for the XBoX, and don`t say Halo, thats much too overrated. I`ve heard of no other game, that made me want to own a XBoX.

Heres a list of great games
1.Halo Cause its the best
2.Fable
3.Breakdown
4.Knights Of The old Republic
5.Morrowind
6.Soul Calibur 2
7.Auto Modellista
8.Prince Of Persia
9.Splinter Cell Pandoras Tomorrow
10.Star Wars BattleFront
11.Ninja Gaiden(one of the hardest games ever)
12.Deus Ex:Invisible
13.Dead or Alive 3
14.Doom 3(say this only cause the PC version)
15.Guilty gear:Reloaded X2
16.Hitman 2:Silent Assassin
17.Hitmen:Contract killer
18.Murakuma
19.Otogi Myth Of Demons
20.Shawdow Ops:Red mercury

The DS has a pleasing design but the PSP has a more stylized look. Sony dosent have a platoon of highly paid artisans for nothing. They pride themselves on product estetic design. Now that's not to say nintendos design is bad it's very nice to look at and it's not going to make me want to pull my eyes out after a week of looking at it.

You could kinda make a comparison with car design in this. Sony likes to aim for "italian sportscar" Nintendo aims for "Japanese import with a spoiler".... ad the GP32 is kinda like a Hyundai... simple affordable, you dont expect a lot at first but because your expectations are low you come out slightly more impressed that you thought you would. B)

scarface posted on Oct 2 2004 at 06:27 AM said:
Uuuuuh yes,... or better... no. Microsoft should stay away from the console/handheld sector, or can you tell me of one great game they made for the XBoX, and don`t say Halo, thats much too overrated. I`ve heard of no other game, that made me want to own a XBoX.

Heres a list of great games
1.Halo Cause its the best
2.Fable
3.Breakdown
4.Knights Of The old Republic
5.Morrowind
6.Soul Calibur 2
7.Auto Modellista
8.Prince Of Persia
9.Splinter Cell Pandoras Tomorrow
10.Star Wars BattleFront
11.Ninja Gaiden(one of the hardest games ever)
12.Deus Ex:Invisible
13.Dead or Alive 3
14.Doom 3(say this only cause the PC version)
15.Guilty gear:Reloaded X2
16.Hitman 2:Silent Assassin
17.Hitmen:Contract killer
18.Murakuma
19.Otogi Myth Of Demons
20.Shawdow Ops:Red mercury

I said games by Microsoft,so I mean exclusive for XBoX, and not just games for the XBoX, because most of these games you can play on PC (Halo,Kotor,Morrowind,PoP-SoT,SplinterCell, Battle Front, Deus Ex, Doom3, Hitman), PS2 (don`t know, i have no ps2) or Gamecube(at least PoP, Splinter Cell and Soul Calibur), too.
And if I remember correctly, only Halo is a Microsoft game.
So, where is your argument?

What system do you own out of curiosity? There are plenty of decent Xbox games but most of them are indeed on the PC as well (the Xbox practically being a PC an all). BTW I'm not an Xbox fanboy either (I own all three consoles and a PC), I just find it hard to believe there isn't a single game that you'd enjoy on the Xbox.

RomHacker316 posted on Oct 1 2004 at 05:07 PM said:
Just a little side note the DS does have video playback options. 1st on is the commercial episodes sold on GBA carts of popular shows.(USA has this anyway). 2nd is the GBA Movie Player(the unofficial) which lets you encode your own movies. It should be compatible with DS since it has GBA cartridge support.(by the way the movie player can also play music but it has to be reencoded to its own format from mp3s) Since the DS will have more power it is likely someone will develop these utilities that can be put on rewritable cartridges.(provided the GBA cart slot has access to all hardware) Or maybe they will develop DS flashable carts.

I have that unofficial gba movie player, quite a nice device. I use it with a 256Mb memory card. The new bios even allows you to run nes roms below a certain size from within the menu. A version of pocketnes must be placed on the 256Mb card. It's possible to use directories for mp3's, nes games & movies! Very handy when I am pulling another nightshift waiting for patiënts.....

No, I know of no XBoX game (well, only one, if there will ever be a Conker`s Bad Fur Day sequel by Rare) that makes me want to own a XBoX.

I really enjoyed plaing KOTOR, Doom3, Far Cry, etc. on the PC.
I also own a Gamecube, because they have unique games like Metroid Prime, Zelda WW, Monkey Ball, Starfox Adventures, Eternal Darkness, Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart DD, etc. etc. etc.
I also own a Dreamcast, on which I still like to play games like Sega Marine Fishing, Shenmue or House of the Dead 2, etc.
Beside that, I own a psx (for playing ff1-9) and a snes (NBA Jam, RPGs mainly)

I don`t say there are no good games for XBoX, but I like to play the PC versions of those games, because: better graphics, better handling. The XBoX might be good for people, which don`t have any PC, but not for me.

Back